Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Taxi

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 of 34 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,289 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted August 30 2014 - 07:58 AM

This. When Amazon recently had a sale on every season bundled together, I almost bought it. But then I checked out some of the reviews of the individual seasons. I could probably grit my teeth and tolerate most of the cuts, because I honestly don't remember as much of the individual music from this show as I do from shows like WKRP and Murphy Brown. But speaking as a Billy Joel fan, how do you not have the song "Vienna" in the episode "Vienna Waits"? So I'll pass. Still a great series, though. Especially once Rev. Jim shows up.

Buy it.Seasons 4 and 5 are the only ones hit by music edits, and still only a handful of episodes. Those two seasons had the misfortune of being released under CBS and their CUT ALL THE MUSIC policy, while S1-3 were Paramount releases and escaped uncut (IIRC).

#22 of 34 OFFLINE   Hasslein

Hasslein

Stunt Coordinator

• 203 posts

Posted October 23 2014 - 05:13 PM

I just noticed "Vienna Waits" is on hulu with the Billy Joel song throughout...

#23 of 34 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,398 posts

Posted October 24 2014 - 08:23 PM

I plan to get the set down the road, but due to budgetary concerns I had to delay my purchase of the complete set for Taxi. Taxi is a great show, but not one of my favorites as such I dedicated my funds towards Batman as well as WKRP. 

#24 of 34 OFFLINE   albert_m2

albert_m2

Stunt Coordinator

• 126 posts

Posted December 03 2014 - 02:13 PM

I just ordered Taxi this afternoon from an Amazon vendor for $39.99 (I mention that because Amazon's own price is at $70 as I type this)

#25 of 34 OFFLINE   classictvfan40

classictvfan40

Stunt Coordinator

• 119 posts

Posted December 03 2014 - 03:28 PM

I just ordered Taxi this afternoon from an Amazon vendor for $39.99 (I mention that because Amazon's own price is at $70 as I type this)

I also got it for $39 from Amazon. They had it on sale. I am glad I did because it went back up to around $60.

#26 of 34 OFFLINE   Oliver Ravencrest

Oliver Ravencrest

Stunt Coordinator

• 171 posts

Posted December 04 2014 - 11:11 PM

I ordered the complete series from Amazon tonight for $40 but had to click the buy used & new link to find it at that price. I've noticed that Amazon has been placing some higher priced item from the marketplace sellers over their cheaper options in my wish list lately. I'm glad I'm getting it at a good price.

#27 of 34 OFFLINE   classictvfan40

classictvfan40

Stunt Coordinator

• 119 posts

Posted December 05 2014 - 08:33 AM

Got my copy yesterday and I love the packaging. Ive never seen a complete series packaged this way with cascading dvds effect.

#28 of 34 OFFLINE   bmasters9

bmasters9

Second Unit

• 406 posts

Posted December 05 2014 - 08:48 AM

Got my copy yesterday and I love the packaging. Ive never seen a complete series packaged this way with cascading dvds effect.

What specifically do you mean by "cascading DVDs"?

"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and other financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's opening from The Prudential College Football Report in the 1986 season, modified from what it was in 1985, in that "other financial services" was said instead of just "financial services")

#29 of 34 OFFLINE   albert_m2

albert_m2

Stunt Coordinator

• 126 posts

Posted December 05 2014 - 10:56 AM

I ordered the complete series from Amazon tonight for $40 but had to click the buy used & new link to find it at that price

Yeah I had hoped to help by mentioning it was one of their vendor's. I've noticed that with some other movie/tv sets from time to time too.

#30 of 34 OFFLINE   Tardo317

Tardo317

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted December 08 2014 - 06:02 AM

Out of stock at Amazon at $49.00. But just picked up the re-packaged set for $36.74 pre-tax at B&N with today's 25% off code.

#31 of 34 OFFLINE   Oliver Ravencrest

Oliver Ravencrest

Stunt Coordinator

• 171 posts

Posted December 27 2014 - 07:58 PM

What specifically do you mean by "cascading DVDs"?

The discs are held on 9 flip pages with no overlapping discs, 2 discs, 1 on each side of the first 8 pages, and the last disc is by itself on the final page. The flip pages are not attached to the outer Amaray case. The whole thing is removable. The case is about the size of the Mill Creek That 70s Show case and there is an episode guide printed on the reverse side of the artwork insert. There's also a slip cover. I really like it as well as the episodes so far, almost done with disc 2.

#32 of 34 OFFLINE   bmasters9

bmasters9

Second Unit

• 406 posts

Posted December 28 2014 - 01:39 AM

The discs are held on 9 flip pages with no overlapping discs, 2 discs, 1 on each side of the first 8 pages, and the last disc is by itself on the final page. The flip pages are not attached to the outer Amaray case. The whole thing is removable. The case is about the size of the Mill Creek That 70s Show case and there is an episode guide printed on the reverse side of the artwork insert. There's also a slip cover. I really like it as well as the episodes so far, almost done with disc 2.

That's exactly what I wanted to know! In other words, it's packed like a normal seasonal keepcase release would be packed, except that this is a full-series release. Is that correct?

"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and other financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's opening from The Prudential College Football Report in the 1986 season, modified from what it was in 1985, in that "other financial services" was said instead of just "financial services")

#33 of 34 OFFLINE   Oliver Ravencrest

Oliver Ravencrest

Stunt Coordinator

• 171 posts

Posted December 28 2014 - 10:05 PM

Yes, it's like those slimmer Season sets but, obviously, thicker because of the amount of discs.

#34 of 34 OFFLINE   albert_m2

albert_m2

Stunt Coordinator

• 126 posts

Posted December 29 2014 - 10:12 AM

Yeah, the packaging is interesting and seems to work well. I'm glad I got this  and really enjoying watching the show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users