What's new

The great consolidated all-in-one OFFICE SPACE SE thread (1 Viewer)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Way before Office Space I can remember watching the hilarious shorts it was based on on SNL. Will the upcoming S.E. have these shorts included?

Josh L

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

Has anyone heard any news/updates/details about the re-release of this title? I thought I saw something once about 1st Quarter 2002 but nothing since.

Thanks,

Josh

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
I just sold my beloved copy off on Half.com I was sad to see it go. Here's hoping it's here soon. I remember Peter (not that Peter) mentioned late 2002, definitely not Q1.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'm also anxiously awaiting this DVD.

...back up in your ass with the resurrection

Roby Adams

Stunt Coordinator
"Paging Vince Maskeeper, Paging Vince Maskeeper. Please pick up one of the white courtesy phones."

BradyB

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the subject. I just saw this movie 4 the first time a week ago and can't get milton out of my head.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah...news about this has completely dropped off the planet. Anyone know of any updates?

Jim Bivins

Stunt Coordinator
Damn good question...I too have been wondering about this title, I could have sworn I read somewhere (reliable) that it was to be released early this year?!?! I guess not.

Can't wait to get my hands on this one!

Jim

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Yeah, great, I'm going to need you to come in and work on Saturday.

- Steve

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
If I remember correctly, Wasn't VINCE MASKEEPER kind of heading up this Office Space "SE" thing? I know he had a link to a petition in his Signature for a while..I think he's a pretty big fan.
Well Vince, what's our date?
:)
~Rob

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
It's funny that people remember me as the leader on these things (I have been credited with bringing both Say Anything and Office Space SE to dvd)-- when I didn't actually start either of them, I was just a vocal participant.

I spoke with Peter at Fox about this title a little while back- and the original date was for early 2002. However, Mike Judge was involved in a minor automobile accident, which ended up putting a serious kink in the production schedule.

While the accident wouldn't seem like too big of a deal, it happened during his window from producing King of the Hill- so his down time was no longer available to take part in materials for Office Space. After Mike recovered, he went right back into production on King of the Hill (which is written and produced from Mike's place in Texas)- so he didn't jhave time to go to LA to work on Office Space.

Anyway- long story short- I think Fox had to decide to either wait for Judge to become available, or put out a mediocre second release of Office Space. I think they opted to wait for Mike's next window.

So, the disc was pushed back to Late 2002. I don't know the exact date- but I'm hoping we'll hear some rough info during the summer. I assume that all the other materials (new transfer, etc) have been done, and they're just waiting to work and collaborate with Mike on a commentary and doc.

-Vince

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Here's hoping the Milton shorts are included as supplements on the dvd! I mean, I'll buy it no matter what, but still....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks