Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Boobies in the next Bond?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 of 72 OFFLINE   PS Nystrom

PS Nystrom

Second Unit

• 447 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 03:48 PM

This morning I was listening to Mark & Brian on the radio and they were discussing the news that the next Bond flick would actually have a topless scene. I think their source was "The Daily News" or something like that. Has anyone heard more info on this? Or who might be the next Bond girl?

#2 of 72 OFFLINE   RobertR

RobertR

Lead Actor

• 9,637 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 04:06 PM

That would certainly be a break with tradition. How times have changed.... I remember seeing Thunderball as a kid and thinking "boy that steam room scene was risque!", not knowing that movies in general would eventually make Bond films seem very mild sexually.

#3 of 72 OFFLINE   Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor

• 982 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 04:12 PM

I think the key criteria for Bond films (topless or whatever) is whether they can get a PG rating or not.

#4 of 72 OFFLINE   Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer

Lead Actor

• 8,059 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted November 28 2001 - 04:37 PM

I think it's PG-13...and I trust Radio DJ's/Hosts about as much as I laugh at themPosted Image

Take care,

Chuck
Hey buddy...did you just see a real bright light?

#5 of 72 OFFLINE   Tom-G

Tom-G

Screenwriter

• 1,646 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 05:26 PM

I doubt that the next Bond film will have a topless woman. The Bond films have always targeted a general audience and I can't see any Bond movie having an "R" rating. Although, you can briefly see the breasts of a woman in You Only Live Twice and there is a very brief shot of a topless Sophie Marceau in The World is Not Enough so, it's not exactly never been done before.

#6 of 72 OFFLINE   Ben Motley

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 05:48 PM

And there is a split second glimpse as far back as Dr. NO. Let's not forget all the credit sequences, where the breast has been prominently showcased throughout the series. Posted Image

#7 of 72 OFFLINE   Scott Bender

Scott Bender

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 06:06 PM

I read today that Halle Berry was going to be in the next Bond movie. So we can only hope the rumor is true... Scott

#8 of 72 OFFLINE   Matty B

Matty B

Stunt Coordinator

• 227 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 08:31 PM

In Tomorrow Never Dies, you can see Bonds' lovers Vaginal lips. When he is in bed with the Blonde, and she swings her legs out towards that camera, there they are. I wouldn't have noticed them had I not seen it on the big screen. A little tidbit Posted Image

#9 of 72 OFFLINE   Mohsen Sadeghi

Mohsen Sadeghi

Stunt Coordinator

• 104 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 09:03 PM

[quote]

I doubt that the next Bond film will have a topless woman. The Bond films have always targeted a general audience and I can't see any Bond movie having an "R" rating.

[quote]

I do not think a topless scene equates automatic R rating anymore. Was not Titanic rated PG-13?

#10 of 72 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted November 28 2001 - 10:43 PM

Good point Mohsen. Does anyone know who is directing the next Bond film? Maybe the new director is going for something a little edgier.

And hey, if not, we've already seen Halle's goods in 'Swordfish'!Posted ImagePosted Image
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#11 of 72 OFFLINE   Barry S

Barry S

Stunt Coordinator

• 129 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 10:48 PM

Diamonds Are Forever had nudity. Near the beginning, when Bond rips off a chick's bikini top and chokes her with it. It's brief, though.
AFI Top 100 Challenge progress: 50 49 48 47 46 45 44 43 films remaining.

Next up: The Philadelphia Story

#12 of 72 OFFLINE   Anders Englund

Anders Englund

Second Unit

• 428 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 11:14 PM

[quote]

In Tomorrow Never Dies, you can see Bonds' lovers Vaginal lips. When he is in bed with the Blonde, and she swings her legs out towards that camera, there they are.

[quote]
Great... Now I'll have to go frame by frame, just to catch that. or does that make me sexist? Posted Image

--Anders
My movie collection
It's not possible to offend someone, only to be offended.

#13 of 72 OFFLINE   Jon_B

Jon_B

Screenwriter

• 1,030 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 11:43 PM

Cnn Headline News is also saying that Halle Berry will be in the new Bond flick. Jon
I'm Back Online

#14 of 72 OFFLINE   Luis A

Luis A

Second Unit

• 417 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 11:53 PM

Yeah, I remember that scene form TND. I remember my wife shaking her head as I paused the scene, zoomed in @ maximum, and went frame by frame.

Man I love DVD.Posted Image

L

#15 of 72 OFFLINE   mark_d

mark_d

Second Unit

• 258 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 12:32 AM

Can someone lend me TND? :b

Purely in the interests of research, you understand...

I once accused a colleague of being a dirty old man when he explained that he was going to have to be more discrete with the collection of nudie pictures he had on his D: drive. He denied that he was such a thing. He said he was a "connoisseur of the female form" Posted Image

Mark

#16 of 72 OFFLINE   MikeCD

MikeCD

Stunt Coordinator

• 51 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 05:51 AM

Many of the title sequences have completely nude women-in silouette-of course. The Bond films might have faired better if they had gone to R starting with "The Man With The Golden Gun". It might have prevented Moore from being seen as "Bond Lite".

#17 of 72 OFFLINE   Jonathan Perregaux

Jonathan Perregaux

Supporting Actor

• 908 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 07:12 AM

Halle Berry... cool. James Bond versus X-Men mutant Storm! If they're both "indestructible," who would win? [END IDIOCY]
My DVDs

#18 of 72 OFFLINE   DaveBB

DaveBB

Supporting Actor

• 792 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 07:58 AM

[quote]

In Tomorrow Never Dies, you can see Bonds' lovers Vaginal lips. When he is in bed with the Blonde, and she swings her legs out towards that camera, there they are. I wouldn't have noticed them had I not seen it on the big screen. A little tidbit

[quote]

I posted a thread about that an year ago and everyone said I was smoking something funny and just seeing things. Where were you guys then?Posted Image

#19 of 72 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,285 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 08:11 AM

Hmmmmmm, looks like I need to re-watch Tomorrow Never DiesPosted Image

Peace Out~Posted Image

You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#20 of 72 OFFLINE   Richard Kim

Richard Kim

Producer

• 4,389 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 08:21 AM

You know I always thought TND was one the weaker Bond films, but I may have to change my opinion. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users