Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Boobies in the next Bond?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#1 of 72 OFFLINE   PS Nystrom

PS Nystrom

Second Unit

• 447 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 10:48 AM

This morning I was listening to Mark & Brian on the radio and they were discussing the news that the next Bond flick would actually have a topless scene. I think their source was "The Daily News" or something like that. Has anyone heard more info on this? Or who might be the next Bond girl?

#2 of 72 OFFLINE   RobertR

RobertR

Lead Actor

• 9,519 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 11:06 AM

That would certainly be a break with tradition.

How times have changed.... I remember seeing Thunderball as a kid and thinking "boy that steam room scene was risque!", not knowing that movies in general would eventually make Bond films seem very mild sexually.

#3 of 72 OFFLINE   Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor

• 982 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 11:12 AM

I think the key criteria for Bond films (topless or whatever) is whether they can get a PG rating or not.

#4 of 72 OFFLINE   Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer

Lead Actor

• 7,990 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted November 28 2001 - 11:37 AM

I think it's PG-13...and I trust Radio DJ's/Hosts about as much as I laugh at themPosted Image

Take care,
Chuck
Hey buddy...did you just see a real bright light?

#5 of 72 OFFLINE   Tom-G

Tom-G

Screenwriter

• 1,646 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 12:26 PM

I doubt that the next Bond film will have a topless woman. The Bond films have always targeted a general audience and I can't see any Bond movie having an "R" rating.

Although, you can briefly see the breasts of a woman in You Only Live Twice and there is a very brief shot of a topless Sophie Marceau in The World is Not Enough so, it's not exactly never been done before.

#6 of 72 OFFLINE   Ben Motley

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 12:48 PM

And there is a split second glimpse as far back as Dr. NO. Let's not forget all the credit sequences, where the breast has been prominently showcased throughout the series. Posted Image

#7 of 72 OFFLINE   Scott Bender

Scott Bender

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 01:06 PM

I read today that Halle Berry was going to be in the next Bond movie. So we can only hope the rumor is true...

Scott

#8 of 72 OFFLINE   Matty B

Matty B

Stunt Coordinator

• 227 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 03:31 PM

In Tomorrow Never Dies, you can see Bonds' lovers Vaginal lips. When he is in bed with the Blonde, and she swings her legs out towards that camera, there they are. I wouldn't have noticed them had I not seen it on the big screen. A little tidbit Posted Image

#9 of 72 OFFLINE   Mohsen Sadeghi

Mohsen Sadeghi

Stunt Coordinator

• 104 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 04:03 PM

Quote:
I doubt that the next Bond film will have a topless woman. The Bond films have always targeted a general audience and I can't see any Bond movie having an "R" rating.

I do not think a topless scene equates automatic R rating anymore. Was not Titanic rated PG-13?

#10 of 72 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted November 28 2001 - 05:43 PM

Good point Mohsen. Does anyone know who is directing the next Bond film? Maybe the new director is going for something a little edgier.

And hey, if not, we've already seen Halle's goods in 'Swordfish'!Posted ImagePosted Image
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#11 of 72 OFFLINE   Barry S

Barry S

Stunt Coordinator

• 129 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 05:48 PM

Diamonds Are Forever had nudity. Near the beginning, when Bond rips off a chick's bikini top and chokes her with it. It's brief, though.
AFI Top 100 Challenge progress: 50 49 48 47 46 45 44 43 films remaining.

Next up: The Philadelphia Story

#12 of 72 OFFLINE   Anders Englund

Anders Englund

Second Unit

• 428 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 06:14 PM

Quote:
In Tomorrow Never Dies, you can see Bonds' lovers Vaginal lips. When he is in bed with the Blonde, and she swings her legs out towards that camera, there they are.
Great... Now I'll have to go frame by frame, just to catch that. or does that make me sexist? Posted Image

--Anders
My movie collection
It's not possible to offend someone, only to be offended.

#13 of 72 OFFLINE   Jon_B

Jon_B

Screenwriter

• 1,030 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 06:43 PM

Cnn Headline News is also saying that Halle Berry will be in the new Bond flick.

Jon
I'm Back Online

#14 of 72 OFFLINE   Luis A

Luis A

Second Unit

• 417 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 06:53 PM

Yeah, I remember that scene form TND. I remember my wife shaking her head as I paused the scene, zoomed in @ maximum, and went frame by frame.

Man I love DVD.Posted Image

L

#15 of 72 OFFLINE   mark_d

mark_d

Second Unit

• 258 posts

Posted November 28 2001 - 07:32 PM

Can someone lend me TND? :b

Purely in the interests of research, you understand...

I once accused a colleague of being a dirty old man when he explained that he was going to have to be more discrete with the collection of nudie pictures he had on his D: drive. He denied that he was such a thing. He said he was a "connoisseur of the female form" Posted Image

Mark

#16 of 72 OFFLINE   MikeCD

MikeCD

Stunt Coordinator

• 51 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 12:51 AM

Many of the title sequences have completely nude women-in silouette-of course. The Bond films might have faired better if they had gone to R starting with "The Man With The Golden Gun". It might have prevented Moore from being seen as "Bond Lite".

#17 of 72 OFFLINE   Jonathan Perregaux

Jonathan Perregaux

Supporting Actor

• 686 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 02:12 AM

Halle Berry... cool. James Bond versus X-Men mutant Storm! If they're both "indestructible," who would win?

[END IDIOCY]
My DVDs

#18 of 72 OFFLINE   DaveBB

DaveBB

Supporting Actor

• 792 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 02:58 AM

Quote:
In Tomorrow Never Dies, you can see Bonds' lovers Vaginal lips. When he is in bed with the Blonde, and she swings her legs out towards that camera, there they are. I wouldn't have noticed them had I not seen it on the big screen. A little tidbit

I posted a thread about that an year ago and everyone said I was smoking something funny and just seeing things. Where were you guys then?Posted Image

#19 of 72 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 03:11 AM

Hmmmmmm, looks like I need to re-watch Tomorrow Never DiesPosted Image

Peace Out~Posted Image

You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#20 of 72 OFFLINE   Richard Kim

Richard Kim

Producer

• 4,389 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 03:21 AM

You know I always thought TND was one the weaker Bond films, but I may have to change my opinion. Posted Image

Forum Nav Content I Follow