Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

D-Link Media Lounge Movie Server

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit

• 408 posts

Posted February 20 2008 - 02:28 PM

I have been archiving some of my DVD collection to a 500 GB Drive and would like to know if the above mentioned Media Lounge could be used to serve these movies to any HD monitor/TV. This seems like a great thing to be able to do to keep small sticky fingers off of the DVD's themselves. Anyone currently doing this, or are there better tools to do this. Thanks, Bill PS, I have not posted for quite some time or been here lately. Is it still the best place on the net for these type of discussions?

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,214 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted February 21 2008 - 10:25 AM

Traffic here has slowed but it is still a good resource. I've read about the D-Link as well as other media servers from companies like Apple, Sony and Buffalo. One that came out last fall looks very promising. The Popcorn Hour Media Tank. You can use a built in drive as well as networking it. Plays all type of files including HD files. And any talk "archiving" DVD's is prohibited here since you have to break copy protection to do this. -Robert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users