Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

My Three Sons: Season 1, Vol. 1

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#41 of 234 Elena S

Elena S

Supporting Actor

• 528 posts

Posted February 21 2008 - 05:15 PM

This is discouraging news, to have the release pulled so quickly after its announcement. Of course it was too good to be true.

#42 of 234 Hank Dearborn

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor

• 715 posts

Posted February 21 2008 - 05:41 PM

I'm still waiting for Sony to put Bridget Loves Bernie back on the schedule. How long ago did they cancel that one?

#43 of 234 Sky King

Sky King

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts

Posted February 21 2008 - 09:57 PM

I wonder if the delay has anything to do with rights of any sort.
I do remember that the closing credits for the first four seasons (1960-1964) were superimposed over pictures of the new Chevrolets for that specific year.
" In God we trust...all others pay cash." (Jean Shepherd)

#44 of 234 Hank Dearborn

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor

• 715 posts

Posted February 22 2008 - 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky King
I wonder if the delay has anything to do with rights of any sort.
I do remember that the closing credits for the first four seasons (1960-1964) were superimposed over pictures of the new Chevrolets for that specific year.

Most shows from that time period had sponsor logos somewhere on the closing credits. When shows were prepped for syndication, a new credit package was done removing the sponsors. Since the first 5 seasons of My Three Sons were never put into syndication, this was never done. So when the show was sold to Nick at Nite, they never bothered to re-do the credits.

Highly unlikely that this would be the cause of a delay however.

#45 of 234 Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,510 posts

Posted February 26 2008 - 01:28 AM

With great sadness I went back and re-edited my signature to indicate that MY THREE SONS is still a complete no show on dvd. Hated doing that just now.

Gary "Dave or Gord, please keep us informed about Paramount's intentions with this show - sure would like to hear from them that it is coming out later this year and not off the schedule completely" O.
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#46 of 234 Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,510 posts

Posted April 21 2008 - 06:32 AM

A tear formed in my eye when I visited TVShowsonDVD.com a few minutes ago and looked at the latest news item for "The Invaders" and noticed at the bottom of the page Dave had placed a picture of a trade ad in VIDEO BUSINESS showing several different CBS/Paramount titles that have been "put up on a pedestal", as the ad says. One of the dvds in the ad is none other than the "My Three Sons" release that has been postponed/pulled from the schedule. I was so looking forward to this one. Sigh...

Gary "wish we'd hear whether or not this is just a delay, or an actual cancellation" O.

#47 of 234 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,366 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted April 21 2008 - 06:39 AM

I think that's a sign that you're going to see it rescheduled soon. I could be wrong but if it was pulled from the schedule 2 months ago then they would have had plenty of time to change that ad if they didn't intend to release it at all.

#48 of 234 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,381 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted April 21 2008 - 06:43 AM

Gary,

Travis is right, I think, from reading Dave's post mentioning MTS over on the Invaders thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave L the master TV/DVD News Poster
The ad is brand-new, so I suspect that means that the title will be returning to the release schedule shortly. Not positive, but it makes sense since its in that ad.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#49 of 234 Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,510 posts

Posted April 21 2008 - 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis
Gary,

Travis is right, I think, from reading Dave's post mentioning MTS over on the Invaders thread...

Ah, thanks Jeff (and Travis and Dave). I hadn't read "The Invaders" thread yet so I missed that mention. Hope it's on the way back to the schedule soon!

Gary "and CBS DVD is absolutely the #1 studio in my book" O.

#50 of 234 Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,715 posts

Posted April 21 2008 - 09:47 AM

what interesting is that none of the DVD sets in that ad are half seasons - a few special editions, but nothing halved. So perhaps they will go for the whole season on My Three Sons season 1.
come see the reviews at
http://thedvdlounge.com/

and the Seinfeld Tour Bus

#51 of 234 Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,210 posts

Posted April 21 2008 - 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey3rd
what interesting is that none of the DVD sets in that ad are half seasons - a few special editions, but nothing halved. So perhaps they will go for the whole season on My Three Sons season 1.

I hope you're right. I copied the picture into MS Publisher and enlarged it. It looks like the notation for season one volume one is still in the same spot as the high-resolution cover that Gord/Dave posted though.

I wonder if these are the shows that are doing exceptionally well for CBS or ones that they have high hopes for which is why they're promoting them. Interesting that Gunsmoke, a CBS staple for 2 decades wasn't included. Neither was Streets of SF, Untouchables, Diagnosis Murder or even the Fugitive.
Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

#52 of 234 jdee28

jdee28

Supporting Actor

• 996 posts

Posted April 21 2008 - 05:06 PM

Hopefully this delay in releasing My Three Sons is because CBS/Paramount has seen the light and decided to issue this as a full season set. Hopefully they start doing the same with Gunsmoke. Split seasons for half hour shows are unacceptable, especially when said shows have runs of 10 years or more.

#53 of 234 MARC1

MARC1

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted April 30 2008 - 07:21 AM

I called paramounts customer service line today 323 956 5000.and asked for home video.I asked them about my three sons they told me it is scheduled to be released september 2 season 1 volume 1.Of course the rep I spoke to said that date is not rock solid But that is the date as of today.Lets hope sticks true.

#54 of 234 Jude86

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator

• 137 posts

Posted July 01 2008 - 02:36 PM

While I was excited to hear the release is back on, I'm not at the $42.99 SRP!!

#55 of 234 MARC1

MARC1

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted July 02 2008 - 07:58 AM

Yeah I agree the SRP on this is much too high for a half season set.
But I will dive in on this one hopefully Amazon will have it for just under $30,00. My Three Sons has been in my top five unreleased shows for a long time.I will be buying all of the releases that Paramount gives us.
This is really the only true way of seeing these episodes again.I can't wait to see the black and white episodes again with bub.

#56 of 234 JeffT.

JeffT.

Supporting Actor

• 844 posts

Posted July 02 2008 - 08:12 AM

Posted Image

How come I am the first one to notice this?!

Anyway I always liked the William Frawley (aka Fred Mertz on the I LOVE LUCY tv series) seasons the best and I hope this particular DVD collection maintains enough momentum to see at least all of Mr. Frawley's episodes make in onto DVD.

Why didn't they include the whole family on the front of the packaging design as well.

Lately with Paramount Pictures-CBS Television Home Entertainment the back of the packaging design looks better the front.

The way the above provided image translated on this message post you need a good magnifying glass to properly see it. Sheesh!

Jeff T.

#57 of 234 Larry.P

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted July 02 2008 - 08:36 AM

One of these things just doesn't belong here:

1. DVD box: "Some episodes may be edited from their original network versions"

2. DVD box: "Music has been changed for this home entertainment version"

3. Paramount ad: "We don't just put TV on DVD ... we put it on a pedestal"

The Paramount ad contains a photo of the "My Three Sons" DVD set. I guess the pedestal got buried in the dirt.

#58 of 234 PianoPlayer

PianoPlayer

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted July 03 2008 - 02:11 AM

Any idea why someone has posted this on Amazon (as part of a review on the Fugitive DVD) ?

"I really liked My Three Sons and now it looks like they are finally going to release it but with all its music changed."

#59 of 234 Garysb

Garysb

Screenwriter

• 1,407 posts

Posted July 03 2008 - 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PianoPlayer
Any idea why someone has posted this on Amazon (as part of a review on the Fugitive DVD) ?

"I really liked My Three Sons and now it looks like they are finally going to release it but with all its music changed."

Since all the music on the Fugitive Season 2 Vol. 1 was changed, someone probably thinks CBS will do this with all their future releases. I don't think this means anything at this point. You would think since CBS is charging $43 MSRP for a half season of a 30 minute show they could afford to clear all the music.

#60 of 234 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,267 posts

Posted July 03 2008 - 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garysb
Since all the music on the Fugitive Season 2 Vol. 1 was changed, someone probably thinks CBS will do this with all their future releases. I don't think this means anything at this point. You would think since CBS is charging $43 MSRP for a half season of a 30 minute show they could afford to clear all the music.

Definately looks like they are cheaping out to maximize profits on older titles. Really why is there a need to split these shows? Sony releases full 30 episode seasons of I dream of Jeannie for $27. I'm no fan of sony but it really seems like Paramount is Gouging here especially as these shows are altered versions. I'm close to denying Paramount my future purchases and will spend the money elsewhere.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow