Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Odd Couple Season Four -June 10th

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   if200

if200

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted February 19 2008 - 06:59 AM

I threw my hat up in the air and shouted yipee

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted February 19 2008 - 07:20 AM

I do hope they get season 5 out for Christmas. This series has been my favorite re-discovery thanks to DVD.
come see the reviews at
http://thedvdlounge.com/

and the Seinfeld Tour Bus

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,287 posts

Posted February 19 2008 - 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey3rd
I do hope they get season 5 out for Christmas. This series has been my favorite re-discovery thanks to DVD.

Little bit of a Wait but they are releasing alot of tv product between now and then. The Series is Laugh out lou hilarious, but the later seasons start relying on Big Guest names, and while still very good I find not as good as S 1-3.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted February 19 2008 - 08:28 AM

I'm a big fan of the big name guest stars. Howard Cosell on season 3 is pure gold when he tangles with Oscar. I'm eager to see Wolfman Jack, Jaye P Morgan (pre-Gong Show), Bobby Riggs, Billie Jean King, Marilyn Horne and Hugh Hefner.
come see the reviews at

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   FrancisP

FrancisP

Screenwriter

• 1,115 posts

Posted February 19 2008 - 04:01 PM

The episodes with Allen Ludden and Betty White on Password and Monty Hall with Let's Make A Deal was hilarious as well.

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Steve Meskell

Steve Meskell

Second Unit

• 381 posts

Posted February 20 2008 - 01:39 PM

This season(4) will be the big test on musical rights/edits. Some eps. will be totally ruined if the dreaded clearance issues are not addressed.

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Anthony Hom

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor

• 893 posts

Posted February 21 2008 - 09:16 AM

The prime suspects for edits would be Marilyn Horne singing "For once in my life"
Not to mention Season 5 Paul Williams. That would be a shame to edit out the songs that he actually sings(!)

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi

Producer

• 6,001 posts

Posted February 21 2008 - 10:02 AM

I'm very excited about these releases. We're very lucky to be getting up to Season 4 (and by the looks of it, probably Season 5 as well). THE ODD COUPLE was a long time in coming, but once they started arriving -- bam, bam, bam, bam!

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted February 21 2008 - 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Hom
The prime suspects for edits would be Marilyn Horne singing "For once in my life"
Not to mention Season 5 Paul Williams. That would be a shame to edit out the songs that he actually sings(!)

if Paul has control over his publishing, there's a chance it'll be in the set. However didn't they clip a Paul Williams song out of the Fall Guy pilot?
come see the reviews at

#10 of 11 ONLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,550 posts

Posted September 04 2008 - 08:26 AM

I'm watching this set of Season 4 now.

I noticed a jump cut in "Gloria Moves In". When Felix is mooning over Gloria after she kicks him out of Oscar's apartment and he's in the hotel room with the guys playing poker, he talks about singing the blues the last time Gloria kicked him out, and then a jump cut. I figured they cut out a bit where he's singing a blues song.

In "Odd Holiday", the Madisons and Ungers go on vacation. at the beginning, in a flash back, Felix and Gloria are sitting on a couch in Oscar's apartment with Blanche waiting for Oscar to get home so they can go to the airport. If I'm not mistaken, there's a funny bit where Felix is tapping a rolled up magazine saying, "we gotta get going...." That appears to be cut out! That was a funny bit! I don't see why, unless he was saying it to a tune? I forget if it was to a tune.

I'm sure I'll see more as I see the rest of the set.

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   RichieMagoo

RichieMagoo

Stunt Coordinator

• 120 posts

Posted September 04 2008 - 10:07 AM

The fourth season was the pinnacle of the show- but I'm still anxiously awaiting the day my S5 will arrive!

Forum Nav Content I Follow