Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Orphanage (El Orfanato) 2007

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Carlos_E

Carlos_E

Stunt Coordinator

• 142 posts

Posted February 17 2008 - 09:00 AM

Hello Everyone:

I saw this film last night at the theater. What a fantastic discovery!!!

I love seeing films that have not been released wide or that just have not been blockbusters at the box office and being unexpectedly blown away.

In short, it is about a woman who grew up as a child in an orphanage. After being adopted, she moves out. In the future, she returns to her former home as an adult. The place is no longer an orphanage and has been abandoned. She buys the place and moves in with her husband and son. And let's just say that strange things start happening.

I loved this film. Solid acting (specially by actress Belen Rueda), great storyline, and beautiful and creepy shooting locations all contributed to my enjoyment of this cinematic gem. Two thumbs up and I will be the first in line when this DVD comes out.

Carlos

#2 of 3 SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted February 17 2008 - 02:56 PM

Looking forward to this too. Posted Image

#3 of 3 ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter

• 1,657 posts

Posted February 17 2008 - 11:19 PM

I saw this a few weeks back and it is a fantastic film that builds everything up and then springs its trap. Wonderfully done.