Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Wall/Ceiling Mounts for HEAVY speakers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Tupalev

Tupalev

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted February 15 2008 - 05:50 AM

I'm in need of hanging a rather heavy center channel for the home theater (45 lbs - Paradigm CC590) in either a wall or ceiling mounted solution. Can anyone recommend a ceiling or wall mount for speakers of this size? I'm currently looking at omnimount's 60.0 CA - anyone have success with these or any other brands? Thanks in advance.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   MotoGeek

MotoGeek

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted February 15 2008 - 08:24 AM

I'm in a similar situation. I'm glad you posted those omnimount because those look like they might do the trick if I decide to ceiling mount. If I wall mount, I was actually considering this $8 LCD mount from monoprice:
For only $6.30 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Low Profile Wall Mount Bracket for LCD (Max 66Lbs, VESA 50/75/100/200x200MM) | LCD Bracket
They have an even smaller one for about $3 that's rated to 66 lbs also.

I have no idea if a sheet metal mount would degrade the sound though. Is it important the speakers stand out from the wall? I also considered making a simple french cleat out of some scrap wood I have, but I'm nut sure if it's better to have the speakers mounted off the wall a bit instead of right against it.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   MikeMorel

MikeMorel

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted February 17 2008 - 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupalev
I'm in need of hanging a rather heavy center channel for the home theater (45 lbs - Paradigm CC590) in either a wall or ceiling mounted solution. Can anyone recommend a ceiling or wall mount for speakers of this size? I'm currently looking at omnimount's 60.0 CA - anyone have success with these or any other brands? Thanks in advance.
I picked these up for hanging my Paradigm Studio 20s from the rear walls, but I suspect they could be used for the CC as well.

I can't post links yet...

axiomaudio.com/fullmetalbracket.html

They can hold up a tank, can ceiling mount as well, can rotate/tilt to almost any position, and look good (i.e. almost invisible) as well.