What's new

TV Shows - to return or not to return, that is the question (merged) (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
According to Slashfilm.com there are a number of shows that have been marked as being dead, canceled or no possibly of return:

Sarah Connor Chronicles - listed as highly unlikely on returning to schedule
Jericho - will take a miracle to return
Carpoolers - dead
Davemen - dead
Friday Night Lights - unfortunately, this show is probably dead
Bionic Woman - very dead
Journeyman - dead
Cane - dead

There are many other listed with unknown listed next to the shows but you can get the list here:

Post Writers Strike Television Production Update | /Film

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am so pissed about Journeyman. At least they gave a bit of a closure. Too bad NBC didn't promote it. And they put it up against CBS powerhouse CSI.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I know what your'e talking about. They're listing Jericho on that list as well. I'm pissed about Sarah Connor Chronicles. It's a pretty good series.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Sadly, the success of low cost reality/game shows has cut the leash of life on new shows dramatically. You can't blame the studios as much...its society. But, I find the whole Neilson rating system to be out of date and inaccurate.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
It seems like these studios are in the habit of dropping shows even if they have medium or soft ratings and never give these shows a chance to survive. The same thing happened with the Surface television series which was never given a proper ending.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Sarah Connor Chronicles won't be canceled, but it might not have a new season until Fall. Anyone who watched that big football game recently can see that Fox is very enthusiastic about that series.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

Indeed, its ratings are very good.

All this talk of various cancellations is vastly premature. The networks won't make their final decision until May, like always. Just because they haven't said anything about a show's fate 4 months early doesn't mean that show has been canceled. The only reason we're hearing a few things now is because of the odd situation with the strike.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
If you do a search on Google, which I did, I did discover that there are plenty of sites saying that the series is canceled and that everyone is under the impression that TTSCC is going to be canceled because of soft ratings.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
They didn't promote it? There wasn't a show on NBC that didn't have a constant Journeyman bug, or animated lower third coming on every 15 minutes to promote the show leading up the debut. Honestly that actually turned me off of the program. But I do feel your pain about the show likely getting the ax.

The only one I'm worried about is Terminator.

It is getting harder and harder to even give a show a chance anymore as a viewer because 9 times out of 10 they are scrapped. Surface was the last straw for me. :thumbsdown:

Someone in the comments of that link posted above made a good point about DVD's this fall. I wonder how these shorted season box sets are going to sell.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Maybe, the premier. But, after that it was hard to see an ad. I remember complaining about constantly seeing commercials promoting "Heroes followed by an all new episode of "Chuck". But, nary a mention of "Journeyman". Sometimes not even showing it on as a graphic after "Chuck". They should have tried giving it another slot.

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
I too am very disappointed about Journeyman. Aside perhaps from Heroes S1, I was more into Journeyman than I have been any show in a long time -- and I was enjoying it more with every episode. (As for Heroes, unless it makes a drastic turnaround from the horrid Vol2, I don't care if I ever see it again.)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Oh, I really hope The Sarah Conner Chronicles makes it. I have really enjoyed it. I was really surprised to see it on the list. None of the others surprised me. The only other one I was watching was Bionic Woman, but it won't bother me if it is gone (in my mind it was already gone)>

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> They're listing Jericho on that list as well.

That makes no sense, considering that the first episode of season 2 was just on the other day.

LCD22

Screenwriter

It looks that way. All I've heard about "The Unit" is that CBS can't decide whether or not to bring it back. This is the same crap they pulled last year and it literally came down to an 11th hour renewal. They've also not ordered any more episodes this season. "Big Brother 9" is occupying the timeslot for the foreseeable future.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
And it didn't do well. So unless the ratings progressively improve through its run, Jericho is a goner.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks