Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Brisco County Jr. Complete Series - $22.14 at deepdiscount.com

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,560 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted February 12 2008 - 03:28 AM

A bargain if there ever was one. Is normally $65-70.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 6,206 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted February 12 2008 - 05:16 AM

Yeah, that's a great deal. SRL $99.99!!! I ordered mine on the 7th. Where have you been!!! Posted Image

Naw, I just happened to notice it was the #1 seller on DD last week and jumped on it. It'll be backordered most likely when people order (mine was).
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Grant H

Grant H

Screenwriter

• 2,844 posts

Posted February 12 2008 - 08:07 AM

Sweet, I've been waiting with baited breath for a good deal on this! Not even the 20% off made it in my price range, but I never expected it this cheap, considering how many episodes it is. I was thinking about it today too. I just cracked open my Jack of All Trades set I got super-cheap during the 20% off sale! Thanks for the heads up!
My midis bring all the Force to the yard; my midis are better than yours!

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 6,206 posts

Posted February 13 2008 - 12:26 AM

I'm dying to get Jack of All Trades. I didn't give it enough of a chance when it originally aired. I don't think anyone would be bugged if you posted a short opinion on that here. Btw, good things really do come to those who wait. I equate Brisco with Buck Rogers now. Both those were overpriced originally and dropped to about $20 each eventually. Great deal! Both fun shows.
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Grant H

Grant H

Screenwriter

• 2,844 posts

Posted February 14 2008 - 04:48 AM

Jack of All Trades is so cheesy and warped that it's great. More Bruce Campbell one-liners per minute than any other venue. Example from Episode II: "He's a guy, the only honor he's interested in is JUMPING ... honor." Also mixes a lot of contemporary terminology (and technology) with the period, moreso than Herc or Xena did. (Also a Sam Raimi production.) And the opening theme and Bruce Campbell's face as he marches playing that drum makes me laugh every time. The episodes were only half an hour, so just when it starts to overflow it's done. But with Bruce Campbell as the swashbuckling Daring Dragoon (imagine Zorro with cheesier one-liners and brighter colors) and his horse Nutcracker (for reasons made obvious), how can you go wrong? "In 1801, the Revolution had been won, and Uncle Sam's favorite son had a job he needed done... Which brought Jack to a lady, both beautiful and smart, who found his fix intriguing...A SCOUNDREL WITH A HEART!" Need I say more?
My midis bring all the Force to the yard; my midis are better than yours!

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 6,206 posts

Posted February 14 2008 - 08:01 AM

I forgot all about Jack being short. I felt like I was getting short changed since Xerc and Xena were twice as long. Posted Image I won't have a problem with that now. Btw, I'm a huge Xena/Herc fan. I own all those DVDs of both series, thank God. Jack belongs beside them. I really crave that one.

Funny, I'm craving Jack so much I also crave a few that I also don't have yet. The Black Adder and Ripping Yarns. I'll most likely buy all of those at the same time. They have a few Ripping Yarns on youtube and they are way funnier than I remember. I guess it's the adventure feel of all of these. Black Adder is definitely a classic. I love that first season. Very much a Jack of all Trades feel.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Daryl L

Daryl L

Supporting Actor

• 762 posts

Posted February 15 2008 - 05:53 AM

GREAT PRICE! I can't believe that price. Jumped all over this one yesterday. Love Brisco. Posted Image
Daryl L 
MacBook Pro 2.4GHz C2D
2GB Ram, 160GB HDD
15" LED Glossy Widescreen
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256MB GDDR3 Vram

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   alan halvorson

alan halvorson

Screenwriter

• 2,021 posts

Posted February 17 2008 - 11:55 AM

Note the price increase to $24.99! Since they've had time to fix this mistake, I must conclude it's not a mistake and is probably a promotional item.
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 6,206 posts

Posted February 18 2008 - 12:44 AM

I observed it drop back to $22.14 from $24.99. Now it's back up!!

Yep...I've been checking dd evey 5 minutes for the passed 2 weeks. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users