What's new

Jericho Season 2 thread (2 Viewers)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, Tuesday is here, and the 2nd season of Jericho kicks off for a 7-episode run starting tonight on CBS in the 10-spot EST.

Even if you have seen the leaked episodes, please keep your comments in this thread to the episodes that have aired (at least by east coast/central time zones airings), and wait for subsequent episodes to air before commenting on them. Thanks.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I'm kind of psyched for this; I caught up with the Universal HD marathons in December and last weekend, and now I'm wondering what I was watching Wednesdays at 8pm last fall.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
Patrick, thanks for doing a new thread. It needed a new one for a fresh, new (albeit short) season. Can't wait to see the kickoff tonight!

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Well, I have to say I am a bit undecided about this one...

After such a long hiatus, I guess I was expecting more. Overall, the show just came off as rather dull and plodding. It certainly lacked the tension and intensity of the best season one episodes. Also, it took nearly forty minutes before there was any mention of the conspiracy (which to me is the most interesting part of the entire Jericho mythology.)

I am happy to see it back on the air, but for me, something appears to be missing. As always, YMMV... and probably will.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This moved way faster than any of the season one episodes except maybe the flashback episode, especially when you consider the amount of recap for new viewers got shoehorned into the episode.

In this episode:
  • we were introduced to a whole new form of military rule
  • the political sphere of the post-destruction United States was hashed out in detail
  • the farmer and IRS agent got engaged
  • the vengence plot against New Bern has been largely wrapped up
  • Hawkins was reunited with one of his fellow DHS infiltrators
  • Jake became sheriff.

This show has gone from a soap opera with science fiction overtones to a bonafide science fiction alternate history. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but this viewer loved it.:)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought the pace was much better than most of the first half of season 1 episodes as well, and it is marching along with more confidence in the setup of the main plot for this brief respite from the verge of TV death.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I agree with Adam and Pat.

Now if the sunflower "petition" to the USA network can have the same effect on The 4400 as the peanut campaign directed at CBS had on Jericho then the TV season may actually be forgiven for the likes of Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann which, in my opinion, will be best remembered for being the "reality" show that officially made the genre Jump the Shark. I mean, what's up with that show? Has anyone really figured out the "rules" for that one? They seem to be making it up as they go along. To me, a must-miss.

:eek: :laugh: :eek:

And speaking of "peanuts," I loved the apparent homage to the viewers' campaign when peanuts were being eaten in one scene of this evening's Jericho episode. Nicely placed.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This episode was pretty much what I expected it to be. It was important to lay some ground work to which the proceeding episodes can expand on. I was very pleased with last night's episode.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
A few things....

-It seemed like a few characters are MIA. Jake's mom, Dale, Bonnie. Are they all gone this season??

-In a good and bad point. I did like the reactions to the little things...eating a hamburger. But, they did seem to get a lot of things back in 4 weeks.

-I guess we can assume the army took care of Emily's dad and his armed band of entrepenuers.

Quincy

Stunt Coordinator
I still want to know what was on the train Hawkins derailed. Was it troops from New Bern or what.

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
I for one hated the 4 weeks later approach to story telling. It was a cop out so they could get back to the soap opera stuff. The whole episode was very disappointing.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

But it still did better than the previous show, Cane, in that timeslot. Let's hope the ratings hold for the remaining episodes.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I agree that this episode was in general faster-paced than most of the first season's shows. It only slowed down for me during the Stanley/Mimi scenes. I've never warmed to her character OR their romance - those scenes were torture to me.

I do think Esai Morales is a welcome presence on the show. He was great on "NYPD Blue" in his stint as precinct boss, and it looks like he will bring the same qualities to "Jericho".

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I think it was explained in the Season 1 finale that the train carried New Bern troops to ambush the Jericho contigent during the battle. Somehow the Jericho guys found out about the plan and sent Hawkins with the tank to stop the train, hoping to outfox Constantino.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Well, Jericho was a death blow to the Terminator TV show, since I only have room in my brain to care about one american TV show at a time. And even if it tanks in the ratings, hopefuly they'll wrap things up enough to have an ending by the time the 8 episodes are up.

That's all I ask - just have an ending to the show.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Anyone notice at least two more nuked cities added to Hawkins's map?

Honolulu, HI and another city in New Jersey. (Newark?)

Despite this, the show keeps insisting on giving us the "23 bombed cities" figure, which is now WAY too low from all the onscreen evidence.

Also...a civil war is certainly coming.

Anyone happen to catch the "New America!" book that someone was holding in the promo for next week's episode? Published by Tomarchio and Valente's group, no doubt. Very shady, neocon-type stuff.

A hardliner faction. They're starting, ever so slowly but steadily, to remake the country along how the lines of how THEY want things to be. The nukes were simply the initial, softening-up phase of this greater scheme.

And the fact that Tomarchio reduced Iran and North Korea to radioactive rubble on a completely false pretext...the international community wanting nothing more to do with us is clearly bullshit propaganda cooked up by this group, as evidenced by the aid sent from China and Germany in Season 1.

Jennings & Rall are being established as the Halliburton-esque profiteers of this whole mess -- it's no coincidence that they're the parent-owners of Ravenwood -- and how they gradually shift from "benevolent" crisis-aid to the Allied States of America survivors to the brownshirt-arm of Valente's regime is going to be interesting to watch.

Likewise, will D.B. Sweeney's merc-army be brought back for Round 2 when Jericho finally realizes what Jennings & Rall (and the greater New Order) are really up to?

Can't wait to see where this is going. Between this show, LOST, Terminator, and the upcoming new Battlestar season, we're getting some pretty damned solid science-fiction writing in one window, despite the WGA strike.

Bring it on, I say.

(And did anyone else notice that when they were in Jimmy's hospital room, there was a news ticker running across the bottom of the screen that said something about the "Hudson Virus" being contained? It says the Health and Human Services secretary -- presumably of the ASA -- said, so far, the Hudson Virus has been contained "east of the Mississippi." Might this be a plotline for later in the season, or a potential Season 3?)

Although, according to what I've been hearing from various sources, the ratings were still pretty good, with a respectable audience carryover from Big Brother, and Variety called Jericho's premiere numbers "solid."

Losing to SVU? I'm not worried. Shows like that will almost always rate higher than "genre" programs like Jericho.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks