What's new

New STAR WARS film coming to theaters August 15, 2008 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Ooh, rebroadcast on TNT. That means it will be available in HD. TNT has the worst HD channel available, but their typical aspect ratio problems will probably be avoided if Lucasfilm is providing the broadcast material.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Big slap in the face to Fox that Warner is distributing the movie. This will be the first Star Wars project in 31 years that isn't distributed by Fox. Hopefully Warner's involvement will bring a freshness.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Apparently Fox Television wasn't interested in airing the follow-up series. Cartoon Network bought the first run rights to the series, so its parent company TimeWarner gets the theatrical rights to the feature.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Is this an actual theatrical release or just a special one-night screening of the new TV show's pilot episode on the big screen like they did with Hi-Def Star Trek?

Chuck King

Agent

"A new era of Star Wars entertainment begins in 2008 when Star Wars: The Clone Wars, from creator George Lucas, premieres as an all-new feature film in August, followed by the television series debut in the fall..."

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Hmm... sounds interesting but I wonder whatever happened to all those experimental, non-Star Wars-related projects George Lucas said he was going to be turning his attention to after the series wrapped up in 2005? Or, by non-Star Wars, was he referring to Indiana Jones? Even though Lucas has called Star Wars a 30-year detour in his career, he doesn't seem to be in any hurry to get back on his proverbial main road.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
He's not, since this will all be followed by a 100 episode live-action television series, directed at times by Lucas. If that plan is still on tap, of course.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Gee only 8 replies? Could we be in the early stages of a Star Wars burn out? (one can only hope :D ). Seriously, where did everyone go?

--
H

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'd chalk it up to that the only real news is that it's playing in theaters. Almost anyone interested has probably known that the show was coming for months.

I'm just happy that it isn't the usual "i hate u, lUca$" bitch and moan fest. :)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Just read an article over at MTV.com stating Samuel L. Jackson would like to voice Mace Windu for the Clone Wars cartoon and Lucas is very keen on the idea. That would be awesome. :emoji_thumbsup:

Joe_G

Second Unit

I'm wondering the same thing. All Lucas has saying for years is that SW has taken him on a 30yr detour of his career and that after the release of ROTS, he would take a break and start working on his experimental films and get back to his THX-1138 / Graffiti days. He hasn't done that and he just can't seem to get SW out of his system. We have the new Clone Wars series coming AND a live action TV show.

I love SW as much as anyone and will go see this film, but, I'm more interested in his much talked about post-SW career, which sadly by the looks of it now, might not see the light of day, at least not for years now.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

I hadn't heard that. The only original voices I heard was Anthony Daniels and the the guy who voice Grevious. I hope its true. With the money Lucas has made on SW and what will be made on this show. I really thought more of the original actors (Jackson, Smits, Oz, etc) should be hired to reprise their characters.

Back to Jackson for a minute. If I remember correctly Mace was created for him by Lucas since he was a fan.

Joe_G

Second Unit

Matthew Wood voiced Grevious in the film. He's a sound editor with Skywalker Sound. I don't know if it will be him or the guy who voiced Grevious in the first CW series. I wouldn't expect Hayden, Ewan and Natalie to do any voice work for this, especially Ewan and Natalie.

As far as Windu, I believe he's always been there since the 70's. Lucas brought Jackson aboard because Sam expressed to the media how he would like to be a part of the PT. This was when the PT was in the preproduction stages and TPM was in the script process.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks