What's new

Big Brother 9 (1 Viewer)

mike caronia

Second Unit
Let's go RAF. Time to clean up some of those stickies and get a BB competition going!!
Less than 24 hours until 16 hamsters get unleashed.
Yeah, I'm pumped.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
After hearing this year's twist, I really almost couldn't care less about this season. It may end up being the first of 9 seasons that I skip.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
mike,

I posted my feelings on Survivor and BB9 competitions in a sticky a few days ago. I'm going to concentrate on one competition each season (AI7 is the current "hot" series) and opened it up to any others who wanted to volunteer to honcho any Survivor or BB9 contests.

However, after seeing the formats of both Survivor and BB9 (especially BB9) I don't think a "Top Ten" would get too much action. The fan vs. favorites Survivor format was a bit hard to decipher before the first show and for a time it looked like the elimination process would be harder to predict. Now it looks like the 19 remaining might get the boot one by one but I'm not sure.

And the BB9 format is only starting out with eight "teams" of two and the team eliminations doesn't even give us a pool of ten to start with. I think I'll just sit back and watch this (contrived) series as a guilty pleasure.

As to the stickies - once the AI7 contest is fully populated with entries it will become the only contest sticky (unless someone else starts another contest). I've left the Survivor:China thread as a sticky so that people who have never entered a "Top Ten Challenge" can see how these things work. When the AI7 Challenge is officially in motion, I'll let the old contest threads drop off the radar.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Please send Sheila home, I don't think I can stand her all winter/spring long.

I'm not sure I like the pairs twist, but it could be sort of interesting, but let's hope it doesn't turn out like the family edition of The Amazing Race did (ho-hum).

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
This "showmance twist" has quickly fallen apart, what BB failed to realize, I think, is that these reality show relationships happen of their own accord, trying to purposfully make them happen isn't working and the result is the houseguests instantly rebelling against who they've been placed with.

That Adam dude gives me the creeps, he's got the crazy eyes big time but I can tolerate him a lot more than Parker, that guy is just an awe inspiring asshole. Watching the first Showtime feed of the season right now and the drama is in full force already lol.

It's going to be a fun season.

NolanJ

Second Unit
"Ma" needs to go... she think she's still a model and should be paired up with one of the attractive males -- her attitude has already put a target on her chest.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> This "showmance twist" has quickly fallen apart, what BB failed to realize, I think, is that these reality show relationships happen of their own accord, trying to purposfully make them happen isn't working and the result is the houseguests instantly rebelling against who they've been placed with.

I don't think they're expecting romances, just the twist of people playing as pairs.

I only see one pair "rebelling": the whiny mid 40s lady & the poor guy who got stuck with her. With her attitude she shouldn't have gone on the show.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I didn't think I was going to be into this season, but the Showtime feed last night had plenty of drama. Keep giving them beer and the audience will be happy.

As for the "model", according to Aint It Cool, she was in Penthouse in 1983. So, I guess she is real classy.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
They intentionally put only single people in (other than the dating couple), they gave them personality tests (just like a dating site), then paired them off. They most assuredly want romances or hook ups from some of them, the other half they want fights and drama from.

8 pairings total
4 designed to induce drama (Sheila and Adam, splitting the dating couple up, putting the exes together)
4 designed to induce romance and or hooking up

Les Moonves wants the level of sex and fighting that are prevalent in the international versions of the show so bad he can taste it. Part of me also thinks that they are really trying to justify the need for the Showtime feeds by providing some sort of "Skin-i-max" type program.

mike caronia

Second Unit
Gotcha RAF! Thanks for the reply.

Last night's After Dark was insane. So many drama queens this season is going to be hysterical. People who only watch the CBS show do not see what is really happening at all.

OK.....back to the feeds... ;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Totally agree, the CBS show is a pale representation of the actual goings on in that house. In fact i've come to think of the feeds as the "real" show and the CBS show a mere side attraction, it does serve to make some things clearer from the live feeds, though.

Soo great to see Jessica again, man I loved that girl last year. Eric is one lucky bastard.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I watched After Dark last night (or Tivoed it and FFed through most of it) and, no spoilers, but so much happened that even I don't know what happened.

Let's just say there is probably a reason why Julie didn't interview the evicted houseguests last night.

I have to wonder if CBS is going to do something about the time slot. The ratings for Tuesday were not very good. With IDOL being on opposite, are they giving up?

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Ok what did I miss. The 2nd night on CBS Sharon and Jacob was evicted. THEN!The the 2nd night on Show2's BB After Dark Sharon was back in the house.
:confused:

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Daryl,
Neil had to leave (family trouble is the speculation) so Joshuah got to pick Jacob or Sharon to be his new teammate

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I don't know about the rest of you guys but i'm finding Amanda to be damn sexy, in a very Sandra Bullock sort of way. :) She's just so girly and playful and I love that.

I'm beginning to think that BB is piping in small amounts of crack thru the ventalation system, the entire house is PAR-A-NOID! :crazy: I was almost waiting for this conversation...

Amanda whispering quietly to Jen in private...
"So I was talking to Josh and he told me that he thinks Parker, James and Adam are aliens. I mean think about it, did you see Parker's hair? No human being would have hair like that. I swear if I find out they're aliens they're going on the block."

mike caronia

Second Unit
hahahaha

If anyone has been keeping up....and it's been really hard due to 14 psychos in the house.... Matt and Natalie hooked up last night. And the boy is just too damn proud of himself....

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Something about Matt rubs me the wrong way, he strikes me as one of those divide and conquer types who just use women, I don't know.

Parker seems to have calmed down quite a bit, he's a decent guy when he's you know, not moving and keeping absolutely quiet lol.

Amanda getting all bent out of shape because she believed Chelsia when she said that she and James were siblings was both nerve wracking and hilarious at once, it just goes to show how traumatized these people are based on what BB has done in the past.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Amanda has a great body but looks-wise, this season doesn't really deliver. Not to mention I think the pairs twist has already gotten kind of dull.

I'm just tired of the fact that they can't start off a season with just a group of strangers. I can understand beginning with a big twist, since besides China, Survivor always does nowadays (although it does say a lot that China was the best season in years), but there hasn't been a 100% group of strangers since BB3 more than five years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks