Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Consolidated HD Bargain Thread!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2739 replies to this topic

#1 of 2740 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,665 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted February 08 2008 - 03:23 AM

Since it seems to be de rigeur to skip the bargains forum to post HD bargains in this forum, I suggest we have a single thread to post and discuss each in one consolidated space. Might be good as a sticky, but as the Dude says, "That's just like your opinion, man..."

Current best live deals as far as I can tell:
Blu Ray promotion - 10.99 at JR.com

Older, Possibly/Probably dead or dying soon deals:

http://www.bordersme...on40dvd0519.htm

Amazon.com Movies & TV: Blu-ray Sale--Buy 2 for $30

---

If you find a deal to be dead please either PM me and/or post a note on this thread itself.

If you find a new deal please post it at the bottom, I will update the top post at least once a day when there are changes.

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

#2 of 2740 Bleddyn Williams

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor

• 974 posts

Posted February 08 2008 - 05:43 AM

Sounds like a good idea to me for a sticky, Sam!

#3 of 2740 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,665 posts

Posted February 08 2008 - 07:47 AM

Updated with Amazon's latest

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

#4 of 2740 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,002 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted February 08 2008 - 08:59 AM

seems like a good idea to me.
http://www.hometheat....s-section.html

facebook.com/whotony

#5 of 2740 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,002 posts

Posted February 08 2008 - 04:20 PM

sam what is that first link?
ben's bargains?

i'm not easily seeing what that site is supposed to be, looks like a mess at first look.

facebook.com/whotony

#6 of 2740 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,797 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted February 09 2008 - 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD
sam what is that first link?
ben's bargains?

i'm not easily seeing what that site is supposed to be, looks like a mess at first look.

HERE'S a direct link to the B&N HD-DVD deal, Tony. That other link takes you to Bens Bargains and a lot of useless forum sniping about HD media.

I'm still not sure I understand the logic of skipping the Bargains section to post bargains in another area. That's why there's a "Bargains Section", right? If people want bargains they post them there? Posted Image

There have been two recent examples of similar HD media deals posted simultaneously in the HD software area and the Bargains sub-forum. I'm not sure if any conclusion can be made off the traffic/responses posted to those four threads.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#7 of 2740 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,665 posts

Posted February 09 2008 - 05:15 AM

Yeah their UI seems to suck but its a redirect to here:
DVD & Video Search: 50% Off HD-DVD -- HD-DVD

#8 of 2740 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,665 posts

Posted February 09 2008 - 05:17 AM

Mike, I agree totally. I think all bargains should be in the bargains forum. HOWEVER, the powers that be have seen fit to allow HDM bargains to be posted in this forum. I think that the next logical step is to have a consolidated thread to announce and discuss those bargains rather than a new thread for every find. I'm not a mod here tho, so unless one of them makes this thread a sticky it's just me reposting them (and updating the first post) to keep a consolidated single point for HTF regulars to jump in and see the newest deals.

Sam

#9 of 2740 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,797 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted February 09 2008 - 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Posten
Mike, I agree totally. I think all bargains should be in the bargains forum. HOWEVER, the powers that be have seen fit to allow HDM bargains to be posted in this forum. I think that the next logical step is to have a consolidated thread to announce and discuss those bargains rather than a new thread for every find. I'm not a mod here tho, so unless one of them makes this thread a sticky it's just me reposting them (and updating the first post) to keep a consolidated single point for HTF regulars to jump in and see the newest deals.

But therein lies the problem, Sam.

Because software deals have been allowed in BOTH areas, it has created a confusion. For example, I have found myself on a number of occasions posting identical deals in BOTH sub-forums not wanting anyone to miss out on a fabulous deal. Normally, I would only post in Bargains, but since people aren't feeling that that's where they need to go to find such deals, they won't go there and see it.

To use your own "bargain" that you've posted here to start off this thread (the 50% off HD-DVD deal at B&N) as an example. THAT deal is NOT currently posted over in bargains. How much sense does THAT make? If someone goes to the bargain forum looking for an HD-DVD deal but finds none when there there might be "just the one" posted elsewhere?

Location, location, location.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#10 of 2740 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,153 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted February 09 2008 - 05:31 AM

The only reason why we allow HDM bargain threads in this area is because most of them are time limited with sometimes only a 24 hour window. Furthermore, since HDM is so expensive, it serves the membership better that such bargains are posted immediately in an area that HD player owners frequent more often than the bargain area.

I see no reason for this thread to be a sticky as long as we keep the thread near the top of the page which the administrators can do without making it a sticky thread.

Any further discussion about this policy should be done off-line because I don't want to sidetrack thread any further.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#11 of 2740 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,665 posts

Posted February 09 2008 - 07:45 AM

Thats cool Crawdaddy. If it stays bumped it will survive and if it doesnt /shrug not a big wow.

#12 of 2740 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,002 posts

Posted February 09 2008 - 09:34 AM

Don't forget anyone can sticky their own topics.

facebook.com/whotony

#13 of 2740 Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man

• 12,071 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted February 10 2008 - 03:33 AM

Tony:

Excellent suggestion.

Mike:

Like Crawdaddy said HDM deals come and go rather quickly. I see no problem with having a general bargains thread in the bargains area but to also have a thread in the HD area for those people that are only interested HD deals.

Parker

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#14 of 2740 ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,816 posts

Posted February 11 2008 - 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD
Don't forget anyone can sticky their own topics.

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realize that. Posted Image

_Man_
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#15 of 2740 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,665 posts

Posted February 11 2008 - 08:24 AM

Me either, and have now stickied it for myself. =)

#16 of 2740 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,797 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted February 11 2008 - 09:24 AM

There are some Fox Blu-ray titles on sale @ amazon for 40% off. With Fox' high MSRPs...these may not be the deals that some people would like...but, then again, they may be better than what some people have seen.

HERE'S the deal.

#17 of 2740 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,665 posts

Posted February 11 2008 - 09:52 AM

Thanks Mike! Updating the top post now.

#18 of 2740 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,797 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted February 11 2008 - 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Posten
Thanks Mike! Updating the top post now.

HERE are a few more Fox BD titles @ 30% off @ amazon.

#19 of 2740 Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,520 posts

Posted February 12 2008 - 03:03 AM

Amazon has a new B2G1 deal on ~180 Blu-ray titles. Some new ones this time like Pan's Labyrinth and Blade Runner. Be sure to click on the Category links at the top of the page to see/browse all of the titles available.

Amazon
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

#20 of 2740 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,665 posts

Posted February 12 2008 - 03:52 AM

Only 61 BD titles at the moment but added it to the top.

Edit: Never mind, was just 61 in that FIRST category! Score!

Back to Blu-ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow