What's new

Chronicles of Narnia BD Release May 13 (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Guess I'll finally bite to bullet on this one. :D I never got around to picking it up on DVD for the family partly because the SE version never got discounted much -- and I didn't like it enough to pay the premium at its initial release.

_Man_

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Purposely waited for the HD release on this one. Was really tempted to pick up the multi-disc edition that came out a while back but am glad I held out.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I am glad that Disney/BV is doing this one. I too will make the upgrage for this film.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
So is this the so-called extended edition, or the theatrical edition? With Blu-ray you'd think they could include both versions.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
They could and they should give us both cuts. We'll have to wait until the specs are revealed.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

From what little I have seen about it, it appears that it is the theatrical version at a minimum. I gather this only from references that infer it will include all or nearly all the bonus features from the theatrical special edition DVD. While I agree it should include both cuts, I have a feeling that that the extended edition will arrive on BD at a later date to tie into either Prince Caspian's BD debut or the second sequels theatrical debut.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know if all the special features from the DVD 2-Disc set are being brought over?

I'm all over this, but I hope it has all the same features as the 2-Disc DVD. Don't really care about the extended cut, personally.

Let's get these Blu-Rays on the shelves. I am excited. Should be getting a player about the time this comes out, I hope. :)

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Thanks for that, Brandon. Though I won't have a player for a couple more months, I am catching up and gearing up for Blu-Ray and am SOO excited. Literally, I have not been this excited about home theater since I REALLY got into DVD...which was not until late 2000 / early 2001...though I had purchased a few select titles previously.

Can't wait. My wife and I are renovating an almost 1,000 sqft bonus room upstairs into a dedicated home theater and the death of this format war has me ridiculously excited/giddy. :)

WadeM

Supporting Actor
I guess Disney released the specs on this back in March and I missed it. It will be the theatrical cut only. I was hoping they would include both cuts.

Disney Unveils Full Specs, Box Art for 'Narnia' Blu-ray | High-Def Digest

Disney Unveils Full Specs, Box Art for 'Narnia' Blu-ray

Disney has revealed new details for the highly-anticipated Blu-ray release of 'Chronicles of Narnia,' which will hit high-def this May as a two-disc set with hours of bonus features and exclusive content.

As we first reported last month, 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' will make its long-awaited Blu-ray debut on May 13 as one of the most eagerly-awaited next-gen releases of the year.

Full specs are now in, with Disney porting over all of the bonus features found on the previous two-disc DVD special edition of the film. Among the numerous extras are two audio commentaries (the first with the filmmakers, the second a cast track with the film's young stars), a seven-part "Creating Narnia" documentary ("Chronicles Of A Director," "The Children's Magical Journey," "Evolution Of An Epic," "From One Man's Mind," "Cinematic Storytellers," "Creating Creatures", "Anatomy of a Scene: The Melting River"), an additional three-part "Creatures, Lands & Legends" feature ("Legends In Time,""Creatures Of The World," the "Explore Narnia" Interactive 3-D Map), and a "Bloopers Of Narnia" gag reel.

Although the studio indicated in early press materials that 'Narnia' would include picture-in-picture content, no such feature has yet been announced for the Blu-ray. However, exclusive to the release will be the new "Battle For Narnia" interactive game, which will make full use of the format's BD-Java capabilities.

Disney has also confirmed that the Blu-ray will feature the 135-minute theatrical version of the film (not the 147-minute extended version made available as a separate DVD release), which will be presented on a BD-50 dual-layer disc in 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 video and uncompressed PCM 5.1 Surround (48kHz/24-bit).

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
What exactly did they add back into the extended version anyway? If the additions don't really improve the film in anyway, I might just bite the bullet on this release instead since I never actually got around to buying the DVD.

_Man_

Arild

Supporting Actor
Nothing worthwhile. There are no new scenes. Mostly, extensions were made to the battle. Other than that, mostly added shots of the kids walking through Narnia, or on the train, stuff like that. I don't remember if there was even any new dialogue. Some of the added CGI was kind of bad.

IMO, the thatrical cut was just better. I think the extended edition was just an attempt to cash in on the success of the LOTR EEs, rather than being made because they actually had anything they wanted to add to the film.

BrandonH

Stunt Coordinator
This is one of the few I will get on HD even though I already have it on SD just got to have it on HD.
I can only imagine how good the HD PQ will be since the SD PQ version is still amazing it ought to be beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks