Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Anymore Blu-Ray Incentives??

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   JorgeN

JorgeN

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted February 02 2008 - 11:08 AM

Sorry if am posting this in the wrong section, but here goes. I jumped on the HD-DVD bandwagon (DUH!!), and now want to get on the Blu-Ray wagon. So I've made this decision after the deadline for the free Blu-Ray movies you get when purchasing a PS3 or other qualifying players. Does anyone know if this would be extended or if there are other incentives from retailers or manufacturers for free movies with the purchase of a player? Thanks for your assistance!!

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Devin U

Devin U

Second Unit

• 399 posts

Posted February 02 2008 - 12:10 PM

I was hopping to do the same thing. I almost did it earlier this week when there were rumors of a ps3 price drop, but when that didnt work out, I decided I would wait for my tax return. But it looks like I should have done it because now, with BR having in effect, 'won the war', I dont think they have any reason to bribe us to BR. They know with the studio support, eventually, we'll have to come aboard.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,888 posts

Posted February 03 2008 - 04:43 PM

Nah. I think they'll renew that offer at some point in the not-too-distant future. They did that during the early years of DVD, and if they're serious about pushing the format to the masses (like they claimed), they'll almost certainly do the same again. Afterall, even after this format war is over, they still have to overcome DVD itself before mainstream adoption happens. _Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (Apostle Paul)

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   JorgeN

JorgeN

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted February 04 2008 - 09:40 AM

Let's hope so!!!

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,888 posts

Posted February 08 2008 - 12:47 PM

Hmmm... Joe, what's up w/ all the "oh wow"s? Posted Image Cat got your tongue? Posted Image

_Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (Apostle Paul)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users