Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Bionic Woman (2007) Volume 1, Coming in March

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 of 22 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted January 30 2008 - 04:53 AM

Bionic Woman DVD news: Announcement for Bionic Woman - Volume 1 | TVShowsOnDVD.com

#2 of 22 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted January 30 2008 - 05:02 AM

TSoD updated their news post with Cover Art & Menus.

Bionic Woman DVD news: Announcement for Bionic Woman - Volume 1 | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Just an FYI for Bionic fans that may not have heard....this release is the new Bionic Woman series remake that premiered on NBC this past fall.

Jeff "Still waiting for the original series" W.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#3 of 22 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted January 30 2008 - 05:28 AM

I enjoy the show.. so looking forward to adding this to my collection.

#4 of 22 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted January 30 2008 - 06:57 AM

Jeff, same link I posted ... why do you think I posted it ... sighs

I don't know if I'll be picking this one up ... leave it to Universal to release only a half set ...

#5 of 22 OFFLINE   michael_ks

michael_ks

Screenwriter

• 1,295 posts

Posted January 30 2008 - 09:01 AM

Quote:
I don't know if I'll be picking this one up ...

Well I was planning on it, until I found out it has nothing to do with the Lindsey Wagner series. If only the thread title had made this clear...sighs louder.

#6 of 22 OFFLINE   woztimewarp

woztimewarp

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted January 30 2008 - 09:34 AM

I wont be buying it because i prefer the old bionic women. And a remake never beats the original.

#7 of 22 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,236 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 30 2008 - 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_ks
Well I was planning on it, until I found out it has nothing to do with the Lindsey Wagner series. If only the thread title had made this clear...sighs louder.

thread title seriously needs to be corrected to the info of which series this is.
facebook.com/whotony

#8 of 22 OFFLINE   Tory

Tory

Screenwriter

• 1,321 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted January 30 2008 - 01:53 PM

Edit, I revise, I see it is the complete first season but still, calling it volume one sets up a volume system for this release, affecting how Season 2
would likely be released.
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#9 of 22 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted January 30 2008 - 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge
leave it to Universal to release only a half set ...

To be fair to Universal, the episodes in this set are the only ones that aired due to the damn writer's strike.....I'll probably wait for an HD version (and I don't mean HD-DVD either Universal).
Recently watched- Die Hard 2: Die Harder, Die Hard, Up 3D, The Grandmaster, Edge Of Tomorrow 3D, The Comedy Of Terrors, The Raven(1963), Mulholland Falls, Saturn 3, Cheers: Season 6, Nosferatu: The Vampyre, Battle Beyond The Stars, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers(1978), Ransom, Dragonheart, Tomb Of Ligeia

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Arrow: Season 2, Star Trek: Season 1

"Now I have a machinegun.  HO-HO-HO"

#10 of 22 OFFLINE   Barbara,G

Barbara,G

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted January 30 2008 - 03:39 PM

I also am waiting for The Bionic Woman, but I want the Lindsey Wagner series as well. I won't buy this one.
Politicians are like baby diapers.. They should be changed often and for the same reason....Harold Reed

#11 of 22 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,236 posts

Posted January 30 2008 - 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph J.D
To be fair to Universal, the episodes in this set are the only ones that aired due to the damn writer's strike.....I'll probably wait for an HD version (and I don't mean HD-DVD either Universal).

it will be complete.
every ep that was filmed will be in the set.
facebook.com/whotony

#12 of 22 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted January 31 2008 - 04:12 AM

Topic title explains it all, no need to change it ... the only reason Universal is releasing it as a less than half a half is to stroke up demand for the series if the writer's strike ends soon and production resumes.

I'd buy it but only as a complete season set ...

#13 of 22 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted January 31 2008 - 04:21 AM

I was really hoping that for bonus features they'd include the "pre-network-meddling" versions of the first few episodes. Even if they're only rough cuts, it would be interesting to see what Eick wanted versus what he rolled over and delivered. Maybe they can put these on volume 2?

In the pre-network-meddling versions, Jaime's boyfriend did not die after Corvus shot him, and the evil father character who we saw escape from jail in the pilot came back to steal Jaime or his son or both (not sure). They refilmed some of the material to make Jaime's boyfriend dead, and they scrapped the episode when the father came back after having filmed it. So there's basically an alternate universe version of the first few episodes out there, which would be neat to see considering what a train wreck the network-meddled version became.

"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#14 of 22 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,236 posts

Posted January 31 2008 - 09:31 AM

Quote:
Topic title explains it all, no need to change it ... the only reason Universal is releasing it as a less than half a half is to stroke up demand for the series if the writer's strike ends soon and production resumes.

I'd buy it but only as a complete season set ...

no, it doesnt explain everything.

if it mentioned which bionic woman series you were referring to, then it would have explained enough.

just read the posts, people only came in because the thought it was the original series.
facebook.com/whotony

#15 of 22 OFFLINE   Tony J Case

Tony J Case

Screenwriter

• 1,728 posts

Posted January 31 2008 - 09:52 AM

Goddamnit! This is the crappy new one! I was hoping we'd get news for the old school one.

False advertising! I want my click back!

***EDIT***
I assume we havent heard anything new on either this or the 6M$M - in any region - yet?

#16 of 22 OFFLINE   Jeff*H

Jeff*H

Supporting Actor

• 704 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted January 31 2008 - 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony J Case
I assume we havent heard anything new on either this or the 6M$M - in any region - yet?

No, hell hasn't frozen over just yet Posted Image
Facebook members, be sure to visit my Hawaii Five-0 Celebration page:  http://www.facebook....113331868678710

#17 of 22 OFFLINE   Random Hero

Random Hero

Second Unit

• 277 posts

Posted January 31 2008 - 12:53 PM

I'll definitely pick up this release, as I enjoyed the show and have been a longtime fan of Michelle Ryan.

I am a bit disappointed at the specs on the release, though. I'm happy that we're getting anamorphic video and 5.1 sound just as it was originally aired.

Hopefully they can at least make sure that the episodes are uncut, since there are at least one or two songs in each episode. Granted, most of those may be from newer bands that aren't really household names, or are pretty much unknowns, but you know how studios will cut costs anywhere. I want my DVDs to have the episodes just as I watched and enjoyed them.

However, we're getting just one commentary and a few featurettes? Pretty lame. Is this because of the writer's strike? Maybe those were the only featurettes prepared before then?

Still, there are some other things that would have been nice to put on the set, especially the alternate pilot. I remember reading that it's been floating around the internet for ages, but of course, I don't partake in illegal downloading. Also, those alternate cuts that Will_B mentioned would be wonderful to see.

Above all else, I'd love for a concrete press release from the network. Is the show finished or not? It's not a good thing when we're getting different answers from different news sources. If the show is going to end up canceled (even when the writer's strike is resolved), they are just toying with the fans of this show. There's been a few times when fans have been left with false hope on DVD releases, with releases labeled as "Volume 1" or "The First Season." And then, no more episodes ever, which really sucks!

Lastly, I'm disappointed that there is not going to be an HD release for this series. It was absolutely gorgeous (especially Michelle Ryan, as I'm sure others will agree) in high-def, and I was hoping that even if it was going to be a pretty bare-bones home video release, that there would at least be a chance to enjoy it again in HD. I'm wondering if Universal isn't too hot on releasing TV titles (or anything else) on HD-DVD anymore. Anyway, HD-DVD or Blu-Ray, I would happily pick up a high-def release of this show.

Well, I guess I'm going to go find a good deal on the original 70s "The Bionic Woman" Season 2. I just bought the first season recently, and it was great to enjoy it again. Anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thank you, region-free DVD player!

#18 of 22 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,580 posts

Posted February 01 2008 - 12:39 PM

Quote:
Topic title explains it all, no need to change it ...

Oh my, I beg to differ. There have been two shows on American TV that use this title, one great and one not so great (everyone here can guess which is which in my eyes easily enough). Telling us which one you are talking about in the title would have been more than appropriate.

BTW, haven't seen my good buddy Jeff Willis posting much recently. Take care my friend.

Gary "sighs... that my initial excitement after seeing this thread title turned out to be false because it's not the classic series that is coming out" O.
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#19 of 22 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,893 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted February 01 2008 - 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory
Edit, I revise, I see it is the complete first season but still, calling it volume one sets up a volume system for this release, affecting how Season 2
would likely be released.

I have little to base this on, but it seems like this will ultimately be a complete series release. Will it really go back into production even if the strike ends? It seems like such a troubled show that the wisest thing would just be to forget about it.

Whatever the case, I can say that while I enjoy the show enough to watch it when it airs, I won't be picking this up.

#20 of 22 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted February 01 2008 - 01:20 PM

Isn't the newer series just "Bionic Woman", without the definite article? Posted Image

I don't think too much should be read into "Volume 1", other than Universal isn't positive there won't be any more this season (although it's a big-time long shot, seeing as it wasn't very successful and was one of the first to lay off staff). I wonder how much weight NBC/Universal will be giving to the sales of this set when the strike ends; it's a relatively rare opportunity to see what kind of potential a show has before committing to more episodes.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow