What's new

Unanswered Questions at the movies (1 Viewer)

Fred Bang

Stunt Coordinator
I'm trying to get a list of these movies featuring mysterious scenes that were never explained but theorized to death on the web. Here are the examples that comes to mind:

The Briefcase in Pulp Fiction: What does it contain??

The secret conversation in Lost in Translation

The meaning of the unicorn in Blade Runner

The strange blue cube in Mulholland Drive

Why is Leonard in bed beside his dead wife (and tattooed) in Memento?

Do you have any other suggestions?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"The meaning of the unicorn in Blade Runner"

"Why is Leonard in bed beside his dead wife (and tattooed) in Memento?"

I thought we knew the answers to these ones.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Mulholland Drive only left you with one unanswered question?

Why didn't anybody find Arnold's robot arm after the events of Terminator 2? (the one removed by the really big sprocket in the factory) Somebody found the arm after the first movie.

What happened to Josh? (Blair Witch Project)

Was the grail actually in the Castle Aargh! ?

Jacob's Ladder. Which wife was real, which wife was imaginary?

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
At the end of The Conversation, where is the bug in Harry Caul's apartment? Or, did they even really bug him at all?

Who infected who in The Thing? Were either Childs or MacReady infected at the end?

In The Blair Witch Project, was it the witch, the ghost of Rustin Parr or someone/something else entirely that was menacing them?

Who or what exactly is the "Mystery Man" in Lost Highway?

What was in the hick's box in Cabin Fever?

A newer one, but after his baptism, what does Plainview whisper to Eli in There Will Be Blood?

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Perhaps someone did find it and that's why, when they destroyed the chip(s), it didn't create a rip in the space time continuum that destroyed the entire universe and undid all the events of the first 2 films. Heck, something has to explain why a third and (upcoming) fourth movie were necessary...

If that's not the case then my unanswered question is: Why didn't the ending of Terminator 2 create a temporal paradox, undoing all the events in the first two movies?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I always assumed that Sarah went back and got it and then dumped it into the molten metal -offscreen. She certainly knew how dangerous it was, and she was too smart to leave that kind of loose end lying around. But there was no way to fit that into the structure of the film, they had to go right from the end of the threat to the highway and the closing narration. It would have completely broken the mood to stop and show her finding the arm, freeing it from the machinary and destroying it.

Of course, I've never seen any of the Terminator stuff after T2, so something to contradict this may have turned up in a later installment.

Regards,

Joe

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
The Briefcase in Pulp Fiction: What does it contain??
The same thing Robert DeNiro is trying to find in "Ronin."

The secret conversation in Lost in Translation
"It's so strange ... I keep waking up to relive this same day over and over again. Have you seen Chris Elliot around here anywhere?"

The meaning of the unicorn in Blade Runner
Deckard is a replicant who has been implanted with Tyrell's niece's fantasies. He also dreams about Care Bears and Smurfs.

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor
"What was in the trunk in "Repo Man"?"

Aliens, man! And we have to hurry because they're turning to mush!

troy evans

Screenwriter
In the original "Cube" film, did the last guy at the end get out or just end up in another room. The door opens to a bright light and He walks towards it and........That's it. Come on. Talk about your open ended shit finale, to a marvelous film otherwise. There's been a sequel and a prequel and I still don't know. That's unacceptable in my book.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Of course! Why didn't I think of that? Thanks for clearing it all up for me! :laugh:

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
And if they resolved it somehow, it wouldn't be anywhere near as cool as you think it ought to be. I've only seen the first Cube movie and I felt the ending was perfectly suited for it.

The contents of the box in 1955's Kiss Me Deadly are never explicitly defined either. This is likely a direct influence on both Repo Man and Pulp Fiction.

Fred Bang

Stunt Coordinator

For the unicorn, it obviously means that Deckard could be a replicant, but it's not sure! (unless Ridley Scott said he was sometimes ago)

For the Memento part, I don't know what it means!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Why do they insist on serving me the stale popcorn that's been sitting under the heat lamps for hours, when they're popping a fresh batch right this very moment?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks