Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Need some help with a Harmony 880

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Erick P

Erick P

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted January 28 2008 - 02:01 PM

Well I'm helping out a customer of mine with his Harmony 880. He got a new DVD player so I need to program the remote for it. Circuit City originally set up the remote for him, so they must've used their own Logitech account to do that (either way, he doesn't have a computer or even a cell phone!). Now I would like to download all the remote's settings into my own account and just add his DVD player instead of having to redo everything. Is this possible?

Thanks

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   DougR

DougR

Second Unit

• 354 posts

Posted January 28 2008 - 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick P
Well I'm helping out a customer of mine with his Harmony 880. He got a new DVD player so I need to program the remote for it. Circuit City originally set up the remote for him, so they must've used their own Logitech account to do that (either way, he doesn't have a computer or even a cell phone!). Now I would like to download all the remote's settings into my own account and just add his DVD player instead of having to redo everything. Is this possible?

Thanks

I think you may have to create another account for that Remote?

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin

Producer

• 3,219 posts

Posted January 29 2008 - 03:51 AM

Logitech says that you must create separate accounts for each remote, and that while it is possible to clone accounts, it requires intervention from customer service.

Perhaps the original seller did create a valid account, but forgot to give the details of username and password.

A Harmony remote without an internet access is just asking for trouble.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Erick P

Erick P

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted January 29 2008 - 04:32 AM

Logitech's software is a piece of crap. They could have implemented a feature that copies a remote's configuration onto any computer or account. Now I gotta reconfigure everything. This is the second time I've run into this situation with a customer.

The Circuit City guys could have made him an account or just used their own, I don't know and he probably wouldn't remember. Either way, he doesn't have a computer... or even a cell phone, lol

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   nolesrule

nolesrule

Producer

• 3,084 posts
  • LocationClearwater, FL

Posted January 29 2008 - 08:53 AM

O ther than lacking the ability to upload the configuration from the remote into the software, the Logitech software is actually very good. I'd say it's certainly a huge improvement compared to what we had 5 years ago.