What's new

Where to buy cheaper Cost Preamplifiers?? (1 Viewer)

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Hi, I am looking for a Preamplifier like the OutLaw 970 which has 7.1 input & Outputs. I could do a 5.1 as long as it has Both 5.1 Analog Input & Output!!
I have looked around and I would like to get some reccomendations where to Find these used at a Decent Price.

I have tried the Usual Suspects, ie.. Ebay, Amazon and a few other stores. Anybody know where to get these Cheap!!

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
I just checked out those Sites and I bookmarked them. Thnx

Is there a site where they sell a Specific Brand like the Outlaw 970, as that seems it is going to be the cheapest for what I need it to do. I can get any brand Preamp just as long as it has both 5.1/7.1 Analog Input and Output.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
You might as well pony up the money for the Onkyo 885 or Integra 9.8 (same thing really) pre-amp. Seems like a great processor for the money.

That way you get all the new surround formats... if you can wait a few weeks to get one that is.

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
I should mention I do Not need the latest and Greatest just an PreAmp that has both 5.1/7.1 inputs & outputs.

I am using it for my Flight simulator Project ;)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Onkyo 885? Didn't know about that one. Is it really the same as the Integra 9.8?

_Man_

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member

Yes. It just adds a Pure mode that shuts off the video circuitry and it comes with rack mount ears in the box whereas you have to buy them separately for the 9.8. Oh, and the front panel looks better.

I still think either one would be the best bang vs. buck. Troxell had a killer price for the 885 a while back.

Dan

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Get an Onkyo 705 receiver and use it as a pre-amp. Usually have great deals online (only slightly more than your $500 budget). Jr.com Frys.com 6ave.com Amazon.com etc.

It has 5.1-7.1 analog inputs and 7.1 pre-amp outs besides all the newest audio formats.

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Well that is a good Idea didn't think of looking for a reciever??
I checked out some of those and the price for the Onkyo is a lil High, I have a Very Strict Budget of $500 or less and Less would be Better.

I did find the Outlaw 970 Pre/Pro for $500 including shipping. But you gave me an Idea to include looking at Recievers as a Pre/Pro, I looked around at a few name brands and came up with the Marantz SR4002 for under $500.

I would like to know of a Place that is Authorized and sell Refurbished or B-Stock Marantz Recievers???

THNX!!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Wait. The Onkyo 885 actually has a feature ("Pure mode") that the Integra 9.8 does *not* have (besides the rack mount ears)?? How does that work? I thought the Integra is the higher end version of the Onkyo, not the other way around.

Anyway, I tried searching for the 885, but haven't seen it anywhere though, not even on Onkyo's own site. Did it get discontinued already? Hmmm... Just found it on Onkyo's Pro site. Didn't think to look there. Pricing seems similar to the Integra 9.8, which is out of my range -- I'm looking for something under $1K.

Thanks.

_Man_

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Hi, If I use the Marantz as a Pre/Pro will I be able to control the Volume with the Volume knob on the Marantz?? I will be sending the signal to Powered Speakers thru the Pre out of the Reciever to the Speakers??

ericks

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Erick
Yes - that's the whole point of using it as a preamp. Not to sound like a jerk, but you could have figured that out on your own pretty easily without waiting for someone to tell you.

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
well How would I have known that I Never had a Pre/Pro B4 nd they dont tell you in the manual??? besides there is a Amp built in the Speakers and I wasn't sure if I would be controlling the Volume thru the Speakers or the Preamp?? that is why I asked like they say Cant hurt to ask???

but THNX for answering my question anyhow

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks