Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

I AM LEGEND BD/HD Details

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 of 36 SVTStingRay

SVTStingRay

Stunt Coordinator

• 100 posts

Posted March 08 2008 - 07:35 AM

oh snap im sorry i forgot!

#22 of 36 Shawn.F

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor

• 561 posts

Posted March 08 2008 - 08:18 AM

Got the BD in the mail today. PQ and AQ is excellent. Haven't gone through all the extras yet save the 20-minute featurette on real-life viruses. I will say that I prefer the alternate (original?) ending over the one in the theaters (although I didn't think that one was all that bad to begin with).

#23 of 36 Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted March 08 2008 - 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD
look at my quote again, i deleted the parts in my quote that gave up the ending. i never revealed anything in the quote.
Yeah, I saw that. It just seemed to me that, if you're going to report someone for not using spoiler tags, you should, you know, use spoiler tags. (Which, if you look at my post again, is what I said.)

Anyway, no harm, no foul.

M.
COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#24 of 36 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 15,971 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted March 08 2008 - 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Reuben
Yeah, I saw that. It just seemed to me that, if you're going to report someone for not using spoiler tags, you should, you know, use spoiler tags. (Which, if you look at my post again, is what I said.)

Anyway, no harm, no foul.

M.

gotchya.

Posted Image

facebook.com/whotony

#25 of 36 RandyMathis

RandyMathis

Stunt Coordinator

• 94 posts

Posted March 08 2008 - 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn.F
Got the BD in the mail today. PQ and AQ is excellent. Haven't gone through all the extras yet save the 20-minute featurette on real-life viruses. I will say that I prefer the alternate (original?) ending over the one in the theaters (although I didn't think that one was all that bad to begin with).

Could you please tell me which audio formats are available on this disc please?

#26 of 36 Shawn.F

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor

• 561 posts

Posted March 09 2008 - 02:33 AM

Hi Randy,

On the theatrical cut: Dolby TrueHD 5.1, English, Spanish and French (dubbed in Quebec). On the alternate: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1. On the supplements: stereo.

EDIT: There were also two additional changes on the alternate cut aside from the ending:

1) there is no Bob Marley song played over the end credits, just James Newton Howard's score

and... (couldn't find the inviso-text button so scroll down to read change number two. If you want to see the new cut spoiler free, stop reading here)

Still with me? Okay, here is change number two:

2) There is a minute or so of new scenes in which Neville brings Anna and Ethan to a couple of places in Manhattan. These scenes pop up after Neville states at the kitchen table to Alice that he is staying in Manhattan.

#27 of 36 RandyMathis

RandyMathis

Stunt Coordinator

• 94 posts

Posted March 09 2008 - 12:50 PM

Thanks Shawn.F

#28 of 36 oliveryochest

oliveryochest

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted March 11 2008 - 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn.F

How did you get this before the release date

#29 of 36 Yumbo

Yumbo

Screenwriter

• 2,243 posts

Posted April 09 2008 - 11:18 AM

The HD DVD version is pretty good.

Will watch Omega Man HD soon.

#30 of 36 BrandonH

BrandonH

Stunt Coordinator

• 78 posts

Posted April 10 2008 - 08:11 AM

Received the HD-DVD yesterday and played it last night although I dont have the Blu version to compare it to I will say the HD-DVD is a reference quality picture.
It jumps out of the screen.

#31 of 36 Shawn.F

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor

• 561 posts

Posted April 10 2008 - 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliveryochest
How did you get this before the release date

Wow, I haven't been back on this thread since I had posted.

I write reviews for a site and Warner sent a review copy a couple of weeks early. Posted Image

#32 of 36 Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted April 13 2008 - 12:08 PM

The alternate ending is infinitely better then the theatrical ending. JMHO, but having seen it, I will find it very weak sauce to see the original ending now.
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#33 of 36 Jari K

Jari K

Screenwriter

• 2,969 posts

Posted April 14 2008 - 02:42 AM

For me it´s basically the other way around. The "alternate ending" is not bad, but
the more downbeat/darker ending will make the whole movie experience a bit more serious and memorable.

Generally, I really loved some parts of this film (and Will Smith is very good in the film, mostly "serious" and all that), but eventually the film fell a bit short of my expectations. And:
Those CGI-virus creatures were a serious letdown. Next time, please use the real "actors" when possible and less CGI..

#34 of 36 Tim-H.

Tim-H.

Second Unit

• 427 posts

Posted April 16 2008 - 09:59 AM

Not a huge fan of either ending, but enjoyed watching the HD-DVD. Bummed about the special features, since I'm on a mac. I feel like the comics (if anything) would have been better as online content.
Watch THE SNUGGIE KILLER on YouTube!

#35 of 36 Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,931 posts

Posted April 17 2008 - 02:54 AM

Watched the HD-DVD last night and I do find the picture is just beautiful, I agree about the CGI monsters, in HD it's not the best, but a great ride. I thought the alternate ending was far better than the original.
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

#36 of 36 Mike Williams

Mike Williams

Screenwriter

• 1,020 posts

Posted April 21 2008 - 09:44 AM

And I thought the original ending was far better than the alternate.

Back to Blu-ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow