What's new

I AM LEGEND BD/HD Details (1 Viewer)

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
Last night I was able to attend another Warner Bros. press event where this time they focused on I AM LEGEND. I have another video interview (still in editing) with WB, but I know some will be excited to see what they're putting on each of the 4 versions they are releasing.

Check it out here:
EyeCraveDVD.com - Exclusive: I AM LEGEND Details

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Reading this, it sounds like only the Alternative version with different ending is presented on the HD sets. Perhaps both endings with branching? One can only hope...

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I'm curious as to what the alternative ending is, but I won't be buying this to find out. Although I am sure the alternative ending has to be better than the theatrical one, which butchered not only the title of the novela, but its entire spirit as well.

SVTStingRay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
actually its worse,

its neville surviving by releasing the captured female and leaving with the other 2 to vermont to the suvival colony.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
From dvdactive.com:

"The 2-disc special edition will include all that, along with an alternate theatrical version of the film with a "controversial" ending. HD-DVD/DVD Combo and Blu-ray releases will also be available for $35.99 with all of the 2-disc features."

It's not clear as to whether the different ending will be seamless branching, or on the disc as a separate encode. If it's closer to the book ending I may pick it up.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Controversial, in that it sucks. I guess thats one way to market it. This will have to be a rental for me. I didnt see it in theaters. After the mix i read, i can wait. The book has been a favorite of mine since i was a kid. But now that everyone has ripped off the story, i guess its hard to make it not look like, been there and done that. Course if someone could be FAITHFUL to the story, that would be cool!

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
If anyone is interested in seeing the original ending to I Am Legend, AICN has it posted here:

UPDATED!! The Original Ending To I AM LEGEND is online - and is vastly superior to the theatrical ending... -- Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

While it is better than I expected, particularly the part where Neville realizes it is he that has become the 'monster', which is truer in spirit to the book, it is still far too happy an ending.

Edited to add:

Damn! They've just taken it down. That was quick.

SVTStingRay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
basically in the book and in the theatrical version he dies, in the cut "original" ending he survives. it does include the fact that he is viewed as a monster to the vampires (zombies) which is in the book and the reason for the title. the theatrical version muddles that up a little. now if only they could combine the "i am legend" arch of the book with the sad ending, the movie would be perfect.

Spoiler tags added by moderator.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

wait, did you just give up the end of the movie?

:angry:

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Daniel, spoilers man, use the spoiler tags! Some of us have not seen the movie yet. Maybe a few have not read the book, but they should!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
reported the post hopefully someone will come in and spoilerize that quickly.
daniel

and

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I just did.

So what's your excuse for quoting it without spoiler tags? (That one you can fix on your own.)

M.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yet, you quoted the same post thus cause me to spoilerize your post too.;)

Members, just because you know the plotlines in books or films, you don't have to spoil others enjoyment of finding them out too be revealing that information without using spoiler tags prior to them getting the chance of reading or watching that book or film in question.

Crawdaddy

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
look at my quote again, i deleted the parts in my quote that gave up the ending. i never revealed anything in the quote.

anyway thanks for the fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks