-

Photo
- - - - -

PS3 Audio settings.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   mitch

mitch

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted January 23 2008 - 07:22 AM

Hi All,

I'm in the process of setting up my PS3 to use as a Blu-Ray player [my son uses it for games] in my home theater. I have it hooked up via HDMI to my Integra DTR 7.8 and my Sony 46" Bravia HDTV [HDMI all around].

The Integra is capable of processing all of the newer hi-def sound codecs. What should the correct audio settings be on the PS3 for optimum hi-def sound and where are these settings located in the PS3 menu?

Thanks,

Mitch

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey

Producer

• 4,952 posts

Posted January 23 2008 - 08:28 AM

Quote:
The Integra is capable of processing all of the newer hi-def sound codecs.
The PS3 isn't capable of sending them in a form (bitstream) needing such processing, though. Set the output to LPCM and the PS3 will decode/unpack the formats for you (all except the MA form of DTS-HD) to their native PCM, the Integra will then process the PCM.
SVS Customer Service
http://www.svsound.com
sales@svsound.com
techsupport@svsound.com

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   mitch

mitch

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted January 23 2008 - 08:44 AM

Thanks Jack!

Mitch

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,862 posts

Posted January 23 2008 - 01:48 PM

Mitch,

Sony is also supposed to release a software update in the (hopefully) not-too-distant future that should decode DTS-HD/MA into multichannel PCM for you. And if you haven't done the software update yet for your new PS3, you probably should. The latest update adds Profile 1.1 capability for one thing.

_Man_
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)