What's new

Two recievers bi amping? (1 Viewer)

warren whit

Agent
i just recently upgraded to a denon 3808ci and have my old onkyo tx-nr801 sitting here collecting dust. I'm wondering if there is a way to use both amps to power my polk audio lsi front speakers? Not sure how all the processing would be affected? Any help is appreciated! Thnx.

Mike_J_D

Stunt Coordinator

Warren, good morning; on the back of the 3808ci there is a speaker out section called Surr back/Amp assign - it comes after Surround B. This section can be assigned in the menu of the 3808 and used to bi-amp your front speakers. So all you would need is the speaker cable necessary to bi-amp them - which you would have needed anyway.

I would say that you could run the pre-outs - if your Onkyo has them - into the ext in inputs on the back of the Denon; however, I don't know if this would disable the Denons amps and use it only as a pre/pro. Maybe someone with a better understanding of the internal workings of the Denon can chime in; personally I would use the SURR BACK/AMP ASSIGN to bi-amp my front two speakers. Which is what I will be doing in the near future.

Mike

warren whit

Agent
Thanks for the info, i wasn't aware of that option on the denon!
I will use that option until i am running all 7 speakers (not a big enough room at moment). Thanks for your help.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Are those Polks bi-ampable? You can't do that with just any speaker?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks