What's new

Good Classic Box Sets (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Have done a HTF thread search and can not find any exact matches for threads just about the film I Walked with a Zombie (1943). It's a title I've beeb interested in getting on DVD. The Val Lewton Horror Collection Region 1 boxset (released back in January 2008) looks like the one to get (unless it gets another DVD release or maybe a Blu-ray release instead), and the aforementioned film has also been released as part of a double feature Region 1 release with The Body Snatcher (1945) back in 2005. There is a DVD Beaver review of the Val Lewton Horror Collection set, but I thought I'd ask for people's thoughts on the set, regarding the picture/print quality.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I'm not too expert on the films, but for the set itself - be sure to check with your retailer of choice to make certain they are selling the second release of the set. The first release was just the films; the second release included a bonus documentary (by Martin Scorsese, I believe) about Val Lewton.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Dave B Ferris /t/268039/good-classic-box-sets#post_3918102
I'm not too expert on the films, but for the set itself - be sure to check with your retailer of choice to make certain they are selling the second release of the set. The first release was just the films; the second release included a bonus documentary (by Martin Scorsese, I believe) about Val Lewton.

The second release with the documentary about Val Lewton appears to be available on Amazon.com but that's only based on the front cover artwork on the listing page for the boxset. Thanks for your reply and comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks