Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Good Classic Box Sets

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 of 19 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,168 posts

Posted April 19 2012 - 07:56 AM

Have done a HTF thread search and can not find any exact matches for threads just about the film I Walked with a Zombie (1943). It's a title I've beeb interested in getting on DVD. The Val Lewton Horror Collection Region 1 boxset (released back in January 2008) looks like the one to get (unless it gets another DVD release or maybe a Blu-ray release instead), and the aforementioned film has also been released as part of a double feature Region 1 release with The Body Snatcher (1945) back in 2005. There is a DVD Beaver review of the Val Lewton Horror Collection set, but I thought I'd ask for people's thoughts on the set, regarding the picture/print quality.

#2 of 19 OFFLINE   Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris

Supporting Actor

• 905 posts

Posted April 19 2012 - 08:23 AM

I'm not too expert on the films, but for the set itself - be sure to check with your retailer of choice to make certain they are selling the second release of the set. The first release was just the films; the second release included a bonus documentary (by Martin Scorsese, I believe) about Val Lewton.

#3 of 19 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,168 posts

Posted April 20 2012 - 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave B Ferris /t/268039/good-classic-box-sets#post_3918102 I'm not too expert on the films, but for the set itself - be sure to check with your retailer of choice to make certain they are selling the second release of the set. The first release was just the films; the second release included a bonus documentary (by Martin Scorsese, I believe) about Val Lewton.
  The second release with the documentary about Val Lewton appears to be available on Amazon.com, but that's only based on the front cover artwork on the listing page for the boxset. Thanks for your reply and comments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users