What's new

Best Subwoofer (1 Viewer)

rAInMo9

Grip
Real Name
Yim
I was wondering which subwoofer would be better. Personal experiences, online reviews, etc. are all welcome. My room is 15ft wide by 12ft long by 8ft high. (However, half of one of the walls is open to the hallway). Thanks.

Outlaw Audio LFM-2 $299 8" woofer 150w

HSU STF-1 $299 8" woofer 150w

Seeing mazersteven's comment, I was wondering if anyone has any experience on whether the HSU STF-2 10" 200w subwoofer ($349) is worth another $50 (compared to the STF-1) for my room size? Does it produce significantly better bass (lower, louder, cleaner?)? Also, would the SVS PB10-NSD 10" 300w subwoofer ($429) be worth the extra $80 over the STF-2? Another sub in this price range that looks interesting is the Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Compact 10" 225w ($399) Thanks.

pink

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
roger walters
I WOULD SAY ANYTHING UNDER 300 WATTS IS A WASTE OF MONEY. BECAUSE IT'S ONLY 150 WATTS-SUB AMPS ARE ALL RATED AT 4 OHMS, BUT YOU DOULD BUY SOMETHING LESS EXPENSIVE NOW AND LATER UPGRADE THE PLATE AMP, THE AMPS ARE CHEAP, ONE OF THE BEST PLATE AMPS ARE KEIGA AND YOU CAN PICK ONE UP ON E-BAY FOR AROUND $299.00, THAT'LL PUMP OUT 600 WATTS. I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM THE BASH DESIGN AMPS, NOT THAT GREAT

pink

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
roger walters
I WOULD SAY ANY SUB UNDER 300 WATTS IS A WASTE OF MONEY, BECAUSE ALL YOU'LL GET IS NOISE AND YOU'LL KNOW IT'S THERE. SUBS SHOULD BE INTERGRATED AND SHOULD NOT BE NOTICED AT ALL. ALL YOU SHOULD HEAR IS PURE SOUND, NOT HEEE DO YOU HEAR THAT SUB. ONCE YOUR SPEAKERS STAND OUT YOU DON'T HAVE A GOOD SYSTEM....

Vaughan Odendaal

Second Unit
That must be the biggest load of drivel I've ever read (and I've read a lot !). Using caps does not automatically lend credence to your statements, it just serves to irritate the hell out of people.

Amplifier power as an isolated metric is one of the worst indications of subwoofer performance there are. The enclosure size dictates how much power a given driver will require.

A subwoofer with a 200 watt amplifier in a large enclosure will lay waste to a tiny cube with a 500 watt amplifier. Better deep bass extension, less power compression. You also make the claim that Bash amplifiers are not great ? Based on what ? A feeling ? :rolleyes

--Regards,

Rich Allen

Second Unit
Real Name
Rich Allen
Don't feed the troll now. Look at his limited post history. It's just some kid on the internet withought parental supervision.

mike_frontier

Supporting Actor
CSX-12 seems to be the better of the older model Cadence Xsub 12. For the $300.00 mark w/ shipping. I say go Cadence!

Vaughan Odendaal

Second Unit
The MFW-15 represents what is arguably the best bang for your buck subwoofer right now. It stomped all of the Velodyne DD-18, equaled a JL Fathom 13 in performance and is $599. Now if you can find something that can top that for the same price then we might get somewhere. :)

Ta ta. :D

--Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks