I struggle to find moments that have truly wowed me in this somewhat lackluster year as well, but I will try, reaching a bit:
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
- The scene transition to the train robery.
- The assassination.
- A scene of extremely degrading humiliation.
- The "jump".
The Bourne Ultimatum
Um gee where to begin? Yes it's a cop out, but I think the entire movie qualifies.
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
- The stroke.
- The mistress' phone call
- "What diary" - perhaps the most quietly menacing moment I have ever seen. A powerhouse of acting.
- The bath house.
No Country for Old Men
- "What the most you've ever lost on a coin toss?"
- Waiting for Chirgugh in the motel, hearing him approach, turn off the lights etc..
- The "car chase".
- Chirgugh checking his shoes.
No End in Sight
- The enormity of disbanding the Iraqi army with a stroke of a pen.
- The recording session
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- The final battle.
- Break up.
- The last scene.
There Will Be Blood
- The scene at the beach with the brother, that amazing shot with the big wave, followed by an even greater shot at the brothel. The one featured in the trailer, with the sparkling eyes in the shadows.
- "sluuuuuuuuuurrrrp!!!!" -- "I am finished!"