Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Problems with Disc 3 on MI-5: Volume 5?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,486 posts

Posted January 17 2008 - 09:28 AM

I haven't watched mine yet, but I've been reading on Amazon.com (which is currently sold out) that the fifth episode is missing and that an episode from Disc 2 was included again on this disc. Has anyone here had any problem with theirs?

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: MI-5, Volume 5

#2 of 6 Raul Marquez,MD

Raul Marquez,MD

Stunt Coordinator

• 233 posts
  • LocationSan Juan, Puerto Rico (USA)

Posted January 18 2008 - 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCook
I haven't watched mine yet, but I've been reading on Amazon.com (which is currently sold out) that the fifth episode is missing and that the second episode of this series was included again on this disc. Has anyone here had this problem with theirs?

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: MI-5, Volume 5
Same problem here. Disc 3 would load, show the FBI and BBC logo stuff and then a message stating Bad Disc. Same results on 4 different players: Denon DVD, Panasonic Blu-ray, Toshiba HD-DVD and on my iMac. Went to my local Borders store tonight and replaced the set with a new one, getting the same bad disc results. From messages throughout the Internet this is obviously a manufacturing problem. Do you know of an address where one can get a replacement Disc 3?

Raul

#3 of 6 Katherine_K

Katherine_K

Second Unit

• 456 posts

Posted January 19 2008 - 05:11 AM

I was concerned about this report so I opened mine early to see if I could spot a problem. My disc three loads, and episode 5 seems to be different than episode 2, just watching the first thirty seconds or so. I preordered mine from Amazon.com

#4 of 6 ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,486 posts

Posted January 19 2008 - 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Marquez,MD
Same problem here. Disc 3 would load, show the FBI and BBC logo stuff and then a message stating Bad Disc. Same results on 4 different players: Denon DVD, Panasonic Blu-ray, Toshiba HD-DVD and on my iMac. Went to my local Borders store tonight and replaced the set with a new one, getting the same bad disc results. From messages throughout the Internet this is obviously a manufacturing problem. Do you know of an address where one can get a replacement Disc 3?

Raul

I don't have an address in front of me, but I do wonder if BBC Video is aware of this.

#5 of 6 Jim Pattison

Jim Pattison

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted January 23 2008 - 12:21 AM

I ordered this from Amazon.ca on the weekend. By the time I saw this thread, my order was ready to ship, and it was too late to cancel it. I got the discs yesterday, and - much to my relief - everything is fine. Disc 3 (and all the other discs) play perfectly, and there are no missing or duplicated episodes. So there are definitely non-defective copies of this title available.

#6 of 6 ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,486 posts

Posted January 29 2008 - 07:54 AM

Warner is recalling Vol. 5 and is offering a replacement disc for those having problems with Disc 3.

MI-5 DVD news: Defect with MI-5 - Volume 5 | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Forum Nav Content I Follow