Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Brad Renfro Dead at 25

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 of 39 OFFLINE   Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted January 15 2008 - 11:20 AM

Actor Brad Renfro is dead, the Los Angeles County Coroner confirmed to “Access Hollywood.” According to the coroner’s office, a Brad Barron Renfro, with the same date of birth as the actor, died today. They have no cause of death yet
"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#2 of 39 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,217 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 15 2008 - 11:50 AM

I know they haven't announced a case of death yet but I'm willing to bet that this will be another lesson to stay off serious drugs because they'll ruin your life and career.

#3 of 39 OFFLINE   Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted January 15 2008 - 12:51 PM

Not remotely surprising in the slightest.

#4 of 39 OFFLINE   Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted January 15 2008 - 01:05 PM

Brad's troubled history was spread coast-to-coast, but if you have a certain lack of impulse control, Hollywood will eat you up and spit you out.
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#5 of 39 OFFLINE   WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,237 posts

Posted January 15 2008 - 02:34 PM

For a second that had me thinking that the coroner was also named Brad Renfro and he had the same birthday until I thought the better of it. Sad for someone to die that young. Although, this kid seemed like a disaster of drug addition. It's probably to be assumed at this point that this death was probably drug related
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#6 of 39 OFFLINE   MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens

Producer

• 3,034 posts

Posted January 15 2008 - 05:57 PM

Sad news. I remember seeing him in The Client and being really impressed with his performance in that film - a natural talent. But he seemed to just vanish, working occasionally (I think I saw him in Sleepers and Apt Pupil) but mostly just appearing in the occasional news article. And now that talent is gone. One wonders how his life would have been had he not been discovered.

#7 of 39 OFFLINE   Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi

Producer

• 6,001 posts

Posted January 15 2008 - 10:31 PM

Never heard of him. But if his death was the result of drug use, he asked for it.

#8 of 39 OFFLINE   Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted January 15 2008 - 11:25 PM

You don't use drugs Joe? I do and don't think they'll kill me. Perhaps you're thinking of abuse, or perhaps you're not thinking at all.
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#9 of 39 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted January 16 2008 - 12:28 AM

I just heard about this, such a shame, he was a talented young actor, too.

The sad part is that other young celebs won't take a lesson from this in the slightest *cough*Lindsay Lohan*cough*, in fact she'll probably go out and get all coked up to deal with it. Posted Image No self reflection, no life changing decisions just more more more until one day...
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#10 of 39 OFFLINE   Marianne

Marianne

Supporting Actor

• 855 posts

Posted January 16 2008 - 02:31 AM

For anyone who has "never heard of him" :

Brad Renfro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

#11 of 39 OFFLINE   Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood

Producer

• 3,215 posts

Posted January 16 2008 - 05:20 AM

> Never heard of him. But if his death was the result of drug use, he asked for it. Thanks for your kind words- can I quote you if I'm ever asked to do a eulogy for someone?

#12 of 39 OFFLINE   streeter

streeter

Screenwriter

• 1,391 posts

Posted January 16 2008 - 05:48 AM

It's sad, it's not surprising, but I was still shocked to hear the news.
Nothing Lost Forever: The Films of Tom Schiller
"I'll tell you why... 'cause I'm a dancer."

home page / dvds

#13 of 39 OFFLINE   SD_Brian

SD_Brian

Supporting Actor

• 589 posts

Posted January 16 2008 - 05:51 AM

On the upside, just look what dying young and tragically did for the legacies of James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, River Phoenix, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Anna Nicole Smith, etc. Yes, I suppose that's cynical and insensitive. Still true, however.

#14 of 39 OFFLINE   Chucky P

Chucky P

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts
  • LocationMound, MN

Posted January 16 2008 - 06:07 AM

He was in one of my favorite films, Ghost World and it does not matter whether he deserved it or not, no one deserves to die that young.

#15 of 39 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,372 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted January 16 2008 - 07:55 AM

Pitty, he was always good in the films. I didin't know his drug stuff was any worse then what is typical in hollywood.

#16 of 39 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,217 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 16 2008 - 08:19 AM

Not that many people in Hollywood get pinched buying heroin in a Los Angeles skid row area or steal a yacht though. Posted Image

On a serious note, it's his fault for getting caught up in drugs (whether that's what killed him or not) but it's still sad to see a waste of a life and talent.

#17 of 39 OFFLINE   Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted January 16 2008 - 08:26 AM

I still have a soft spot for Glenn Quinn, as he was on my favorite show ANGEL, but knowing he died of a heroin overdose pissed me off more than made me sad. No matter who you are, it's a stupid, pointless thing to do, and anyone trying to justify drug use is equally stupid. According to today's news Renfro overdosed on a combination of drugs and alcohol.

#18 of 39 OFFLINE   troy evans

troy evans

Screenwriter

• 1,294 posts

Posted January 16 2008 - 08:29 AM

My friends, only the good die young. A loss of life is a loss of life regardless of circumstance. Remember him on his positive aspects. Sometimes life is sufferring, and death is a release. R.I.P. Brad.
" I think it's time we go to plan B". "What's plan B?" "That's the one where we don't do something stupid".

#19 of 39 OFFLINE   Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted January 16 2008 - 11:53 AM

Put me down on that "equally stupid" list. I use Flurbiprofen on a pretty regular basis. Caffeine? Yes, I believe I'm addicted to caffeine. I get mine in the soda pop because I discovered decades ago that the coffee version was dangerous for me, not to mention others around me. Which, by DEA standards should make it illegal for everyone. Alcohol, I can do without, which is real handy if there's none around. Weeks can pass without me imbibing. They don't however because I really enjoy margaritas, and at other times a good single malt, or beer. They're all drugs and I use them, moderately. As to all of the illegal substances, in most cases the worst thing about them is that they're illegal. If you'd like to actually learn something about that you can find lots of information. If you think the war on drugs can be won, if you think the DARE program is effective, if you think millions and millions of us didn't have a good time with no permanent damage, if you think prohibition works....well, there's a word for that too.
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#20 of 39 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted January 16 2008 - 11:57 AM

I do drugs...if Asthma medication, cough syrup and Tylenol when i'm sick are drugs.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users