Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Branagh Hamlet on Blu Ray?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon

Screenwriter

• 2,071 posts

Posted January 15 2008 - 03:02 AM

I know that the original intent was to release on DVD, HDDVD and BR at the same time, but that the plans were changed at the last minute. Have there been any updates in the meantime that might change this? I've been thinking about picking up the DVD version, but if there's a BR version on the slate for the near future, I'll wait for the movie in HD.
XBox Live Gamertag:ChrisBardon

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,484 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted January 15 2008 - 03:12 AM

I decided to wait, but so far I've heard or read nothing.

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,212 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted January 15 2008 - 05:29 AM

I'm waiting for BD, as this is such a sumptuous-looking movie. I was almost ready to buy the SD version after waiting for so long, but I don't imagine the wait will be too much longer for BD.
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Ric Easton

Ric Easton

Screenwriter

• 2,814 posts

Posted January 15 2008 - 07:53 AM

I'd like to get this too, since I managed to hold off on an SD version.

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Executive Producer

• 10,126 posts

Posted January 15 2008 - 11:00 AM

Waited ten years so far on DVD, what's a few more... Posted Image

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,212 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted January 15 2008 - 03:10 PM

My thoughts exactly.
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   OliverK

OliverK

Screenwriter

• 1,873 posts

Posted January 15 2008 - 11:41 PM

We should open a club Posted Image I will wait too for the HD version, same as I do for most movies these days that I do not HAVE to see or that I only expect to watch once.

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,886 posts

Posted January 15 2008 - 11:50 PM

Yeah, I'll probably wait also. _Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (Apostle Paul)

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   Rob W

Rob W

Supporting Actor

• 501 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted January 16 2008 - 11:47 AM

You guys can't win this one . Every lost sale on the SD version will just convince Sony there's no market for titles like these in a format with such a small market share...

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   OliverK

OliverK

Screenwriter

• 1,873 posts

Posted January 16 2008 - 06:11 PM

Hamlet is a Warner title and Warner is not afraid to release less popular movies on DVD. So I am not really worried and apart from that I can't bring myself to watch too many DVD anyway these days, not when I know that a master ready for HDM is around.

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,886 posts

Posted January 17 2008 - 04:08 AM

Yeah, I'm already starting to find that I'm getting spoiled by my BDs too. Didn't really expect it to start so soon since I've been watching primetime network stuff in HD for a few years now, and that never really took away from my enjoyment of SD DVD before. But I guess it does depend a lot on the quality of the particular title though. I really can't wait for certain titles to be released on BD because of the poor quality on DVD, but some (mostly more recent titles) still hold up quite well. _Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (Apostle Paul)

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted January 17 2008 - 10:42 AM

I waited around for this on DVD until I stopped buying DVD in favor of HD. I figure It'll be on Blu Ray just in time for Blu Ray 2
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users