-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Exchange/Replacement through Amazon

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 JeremyR

JeremyR

Second Unit

• 404 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted January 15 2008 - 02:58 AM

Has anybody ever done an exchange/replacement through Amazon.com? I think my new A/V receiver might have an issue with it's sub pre-out. I've initiated the replacement, and the lady from Amazon who I spoke to made it sound incredibly easy. I'm just wondering if anybody has ever done an exchange of a significant caliber through Amazon. Did it go fairly smoothly?

#2 of 3 Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,301 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 15 2008 - 08:57 AM

I've done any number of exchange/refunds/replacements through Amazon over the years and have never had any problem at all. Even in cases where I couldn't meet 100% of their stated requirements (including the original packing slip, not opening a DVD) they have gone ahead and taken the return. My niece recently bought an HD-DVD version of a movie, a mistake she didn't catch until she tried to play it, and they not only took it back, they waived the restocking charge that would have applied in the case of a customer error, because the order page didn't contain a warning that an HD-DVD player and TV were required to view the disc.

Regards,

Joe

#3 of 3 JeremyR

JeremyR

Second Unit

• 404 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted January 17 2008 - 05:04 AM

Thanks for the info. I think maybe I averted having to do that. It seems that my receiver is fine, I think it's Audyssey doing something strange with my room.