What's new

Mac Heist (apps bundle) (1 Viewer)

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
MacHeist » Bundle

Just in case anyone is interested. Pixelmator is quite good...it's no Photoshop, but it's pretty powerful and IMO a bargain app by itself at $49.

SnapzPro is also good, and I love CSSEdit....great for anyone just learning CSS or interested in finding out how sites based on CSS accomplish some of the design elements.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Tempting... these are all apps that I don't need, but have rare use for. Pixelmator doesn't quite impress me, but I haven't found a suitable graphics app yet. Need to talk with my financial officer (i.e. wife)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I just bought the MacHeist 2 bundle! VectorDesigner, a MacWorld 2008 Best of Show Winner, was unlocked today so the suite became quite attractive to me.

If you're thinking of buying the MacHeist II bundle, it would be great if you used my invitation. I could get two free apps, depending on how many people did that. One of them I specifically would find useful.

Regardless, the inclusion of Pixelmator, VectorDesigner, and SnapzPro make it worthwhile. (Finally get a decent set of graphics tools for my Mac. And SnapzPro is handy once in a great while for video screen captures.) And iStopMotion could be fun :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I did a five minute demo before buying to make sure it did basic things sensibly. But I've not done any real work with it, yet. There are number of interesting new drawing apps coming out. Two I've just learned about are:

Drawit (I'd be very tempted by this if I hadn't just got VectorDesigner and Pixelmator)
ZeusDraw (I just stumbled onto this one)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
MacHeist 3 is on like Archon!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Anyone use SousChef? Is it a worthwhile app? It's the only app in the bundle of interest to me.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I just bought mine without realizing you could select folks who referred you, I would have used a HTF referral if one had be posted. If you buy it, please put me in as a referral

Edit: Actually please use this link:
MacHeist Bundle

Sam
PS: I bought it just to get Kinemac, I need a lot more folks to sign up so I can get it...
Edit2: Dave I havent used it yet, but a reminder that they are at 18,000 buyers now, after 25k you don't get the game bundle any more, thats only for early buyers.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Kinemac is unlocked!

update: Less than 3000 bundles left before the Big Bang Bonus is gone and we are already more than halfway to unlocking Boinx!

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm ready to jump. I noticed you edited your earlier post so I thought you didn't need a referral. I'd be happy to give you one.

I just hope BoinxTV gets unlocked. It is the main reason I'm picking up the bundle. Sorry I missed the free games, but it is not a big loss.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well, I jumped. I'm hoping more people buy so that BoinxTV gets unlocked. If Sam has the referrals he needs already and someone else here at the HTF wants to buy it, let me know. I'd really like to get the the utility package for two referrals.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I've decided not to buy the Heist this year. The app selection doesn't suit me. SousChef is interesting, but nothing else meets a need. It's close, but not quite: Acorn is nice but I got Pixelmator last year. WireTap Studio is great, but I got WireTap something last year. Souschef is intriguing, but it's $30 from the developer. And the other apps are niche -- fantastic if you need them, but I'd never use them.

Everyone has their wishlist...I think a great FTP app plus Souschef would have got me to buy this year.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Cyberduck is free and is my current FTP client. But it's not my favorite design*. A commercial FTP app would be attractive to me in MacHeist.

*I prefer the two-pane convention of the old Windows workhorse WS_FTP. Left side is client-side file browser and right side is server-side file browser. FireFTP, a plug-in for Firefox, does this but I also prefer to have the FTP client a separate app from the browser.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Looks like they added Delicious Library 2 and Multiwinia to the bundle, if you tweet about it. I don't know anything about the latter, but I really like DL2 for cataloging movies, books, etc.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
DL2 is not something I need, but it makes the combo more tempting to me... How much longer do I have?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks