What's new

Moscow on the Hudson - Widescreen Version in Canada Only? (1 Viewer)

Matthew H

Second Unit
I'm not interested in R2 PAL versions (where I know there's a widescreen version already availble), but a R1 WS edition. Through my search on eBay and Amazon it looks like there's a WS/P&S version of "Moscow on the Hudson" that was released to our neighbors up North, whereas we got a shoddy P&S Only version. Ew.

Anyone know if there was a version released in the US but Sony just dropped the WS version, which they were famous for doing a few years ago? I have no idea how I should obtain a copy now....

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
There's nothing on my WS/P&S copy, package or disc, that suggests it's Canada-only. Which doesn't mean it wasn't... I still saw the disc occasionally in the local Wal-Mart bargain bin, up until just after Christmas.

Vincent-P

Second Unit
Yes, in the US it was originally WS/PS, but Sony dropped the widescreen version a while ago.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Canadian Wal-Marts may be the dumping ground for deleted US discs. I have got a few lately that say for sale in the US only. This one I got at least a couple years ago, but the ones I saw in the bin ~2 weeks ago were WS/P&S too.

Totally OT, but it's easily my favorite RW-starring movie, I was surprised how much I liked it in fact...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks