Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Moscow on the Hudson - Widescreen Version in Canada Only?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Matthew H

Matthew H

Second Unit

• 369 posts

Posted January 14 2008 - 09:29 AM

I'm not interested in R2 PAL versions (where I know there's a widescreen version already availble), but a R1 WS edition. Through my search on eBay and Amazon it looks like there's a WS/P&S version of "Moscow on the Hudson" that was released to our neighbors up North, whereas we got a shoddy P&S Only version. Ew.

Anyone know if there was a version released in the US but Sony just dropped the WS version, which they were famous for doing a few years ago? I have no idea how I should obtain a copy now....
Matt

Mobu? Sounds like some sort of damn car polish.

#2 of 4 CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,310 posts
  • LocationToronto area, Canada

Posted January 14 2008 - 02:03 PM

There's nothing on my WS/P&S copy, package or disc, that suggests it's Canada-only. Which doesn't mean it wasn't... I still saw the disc occasionally in the local Wal-Mart bargain bin, up until just after Christmas.

#3 of 4 Vincent-P

Vincent-P

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted January 14 2008 - 04:13 PM

Yes, in the US it was originally WS/PS, but Sony dropped the widescreen version a while ago.

#4 of 4 CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,310 posts
  • LocationToronto area, Canada

Posted January 14 2008 - 06:41 PM

Canadian Wal-Marts may be the dumping ground for deleted US discs. I have got a few lately that say for sale in the US only. This one I got at least a couple years ago, but the ones I saw in the bin ~2 weeks ago were WS/P&S too.

Totally OT, but it's easily my favorite RW-starring movie, I was surprised how much I liked it in fact...