-

Photo

Moscow on the Hudson - Widescreen Version in Canada Only?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Matthew H

Matthew H

Second Unit

• 369 posts

Posted January 14 2008 - 09:29 AM

I'm not interested in R2 PAL versions (where I know there's a widescreen version already availble), but a R1 WS edition. Through my search on eBay and Amazon it looks like there's a WS/P&S version of "Moscow on the Hudson" that was released to our neighbors up North, whereas we got a shoddy P&S Only version. Ew.

Anyone know if there was a version released in the US but Sony just dropped the WS version, which they were famous for doing a few years ago? I have no idea how I should obtain a copy now....
Matt

Mobu? Sounds like some sort of damn car polish.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,359 posts
  • LocationToronto area, Canada

Posted January 14 2008 - 02:03 PM

There's nothing on my WS/P&S copy, package or disc, that suggests it's Canada-only. Which doesn't mean it wasn't... I still saw the disc occasionally in the local Wal-Mart bargain bin, up until just after Christmas.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Vincent-P

Vincent-P

Second Unit

• 334 posts

Posted January 14 2008 - 04:13 PM

Yes, in the US it was originally WS/PS, but Sony dropped the widescreen version a while ago.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,359 posts
  • LocationToronto area, Canada

Posted January 14 2008 - 06:41 PM

Canadian Wal-Marts may be the dumping ground for deleted US discs. I have got a few lately that say for sale in the US only. This one I got at least a couple years ago, but the ones I saw in the bin ~2 weeks ago were WS/P&S too.

Totally OT, but it's easily my favorite RW-starring movie, I was surprised how much I liked it in fact...