Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Samsung LN-T5271F Settings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   BradCR

BradCR

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted January 13 2008 - 02:42 PM

Anyone have recommendations on the best settings for the Samsung5271F? Got a PS3 and can't seem to get the Blu-Ray's to look just right.

Also, is there a way to use the TV speakers as the center speaker as a feed from my receiver? I have digital optical from the PS3 to my JVC RX-8000V and then out to my speakers from there. I was hoping to avoid having to buy a center speaker.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   orestes

orestes

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted January 15 2008 - 10:00 AM

This is may be the old handshake problem that most Samsung TV has with the PS3. I hope someone here can help you. See my post, for I am in the market for a new TV, but nobody seems to know if the handshake problem with the PS3 is still with all samsung TV units.

Good luck!

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   BradCR

BradCR

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted January 15 2008 - 10:13 AM

I'm guessing that no one has any suggestions based on the responses. I'm not sure what is meant by the "handshake" problem but the picture is very clear. I'm just looking for any suggestions on the color settings, the color tone, Auto Motion Plus setting, Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, Backlight, anything that some one might have found that seems to improve the picture.

BTW, i bought a HDMI "Super High Resolution" cable from SF Planet through Amazon for $5.21. I asked SF Planet ahead of time whether it would work with the 120Hz response rate or not and their response was yes. The cable recommended by Best Buy was about $130. Do I need to go get this one from BB? I have noticed that there is occasional (minor and brief) blurriness when watching games on the two of cable channels that display as 1080i. Regular shows and commercials are beautiful. Didn't know if this was cable related or not.

Here is the link to the cable I am using:
Amazon.com: HDMI 2M (6 Feet) Super High Resolution Cable: Electronics

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael TLV

Michael TLV

Screenwriter

• 2,909 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted January 15 2008 - 10:32 AM

Greetings

Use a test disc and user calibrate your own tv. YOu will get better results than blindly copying down other people's settings.

There is too much variation between TV sets and then you factor in DVD player differences too ... variance upon variance ... it becomes no better than swapping out combination lock numbers as you forgot yours.

Use a test disc ... even a free one like those patterns found on the THX optimode ... included with all THX discs.

Even a Blu flick like Rata ... has its own calibration test pattern section. You will get results that are best for your TV combination and not someone elses. Takes 5 to 10 minutes.

Regards
Michael @ The Laser Video Experience
THX Video Systems Instructor/ISF Instructor
Lion A/V Consultants Network - TLVEXP.com

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   BradCR

BradCR

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted January 15 2008 - 11:50 AM

Thanks Michael.

Any thoughts on the cable that I'm using?

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael TLV

Michael TLV

Screenwriter

• 2,909 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted January 15 2008 - 04:28 PM

Greetings

I'm really not a true believer in expensive digital cables ... so stick to monoprice stuff.

After paying $150 for monster component cables and seeing no difference in test patterns between them and $25 variety ... I just lost interest. Get cables that are built well ...

Regards
Michael @ The Laser Video Experience
THX Video Systems Instructor/ISF Instructor
Lion A/V Consultants Network - TLVEXP.com