Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

NEED HELP WITH NEW TOY

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   wcomet73

wcomet73

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 12 2008 - 11:07 AM

i bought PSW450 polk audio from a garage sale its a very nice piece i still don't know to wire it if anyone can send me a diagram thank youPosted Image

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,306 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 12 2008 - 01:19 PM

Well, that kinda depends on what you want to wire it to. If you post the make and model of your receiver, we'll probably be able to offer some opinions.

Basically if your receiver has an RCA-style outupt jack marked "Sub" or "Sub-woofer" or "LFE" you just need to run a cable from that to the back of the sub. (If it has left/right stereo RCA inputs, connecting it to either one of them should work.) If your receiver doesn't have such an output, see if any of the bare-wire speaker connections are marked as subwoofer outputs and connect the sub as you would any other speaker.

It is only one connection from your sound source to the sub, so I don't think you'll need a diagram. Posted Image

Regards,

Joe

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,306 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 12 2008 - 01:27 PM

But in case you do need a diagram, I found the manual for this sub on the Polk Audio website. (You'll find that most manufacturers sites have downloadable user's guide, typically in PDF format.)

PSW450 Manual

Regards,

Joe

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst

Screenwriter

• 2,589 posts

Posted January 12 2008 - 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcomet73
i bought PSW450 polk audio from a garage sale its a very nice piece i still don't know to wire it if anyone can send me a diagram thank youPosted Image
Some husband is going to be mad, when he gets home and realizes his wife sold off his sub at a garage sale. Posted Image Posted Image
"My reality check ... just bounced"