What's new

Thundercats! HO!!!! (1 Viewer)

troy evans

Screenwriter
IMDB has the release for 2010. Read an artical in Wizard magazine and I'm so happy this is finally getting the live action big budget feature film treatment. Transformers, G.I. Joe and now, Thundercats. As a kid this was my favorite cartoon. Here's hoping they do it justice. Here's who I would cast: Panthro= Micheal Clark Duncan, Lion-O=Hugh Jackman, Tygra=Clive Owen, Cheetara=Katee Sackhoff and Snarf would be CGI, of course. I'm drawing a blank as to who would be right to play Willy Kit and Kat. The villians are also hard since the actors who play them will be under heavy prosthetic makeup and appliances. Of course, what I think will mean jack in the making of the film. Man, I can not wait. This has got me excited on a Star Wars level.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
The recent comic books really expanded on the good elements of the cartoon.

There's a fan made movie trailer on Youtube that's pretty good as far as the costuming and makeup goes.

Since they're going CGI, I would hope some of the original voice actors could come back. That sounds like the original voice of Lion-O in all those Robot Chicken parodies!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Never really got into the show. But, I thought I remember hearing their were other survivors (100's,1000's) and they got seperated. Is this true or were they the last ones?

troy evans

Screenwriter
You're right! Man, I didn't even consider him. Thank you.:) Even if this is all CGI, they can still base the characters from actor models. At least that's what they did for Beowulf.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Good to see that Galaxy Quest provided Mumm-Ra. I think that illustrates why there should probably not be a live-action Thundercats movie. I loved the cartoon as well, but the underlying premise is absolutely absurd.

Now I'd line up for Silverhawks though...that is LEGIT.

zackscott5

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Zack Scott
No info on IMDB.com about Michael Bay but...I'm Totally geeking out!!!! Can't wait for this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks