Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Bridges of Madison County SE in May!!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Corey

Corey

Screenwriter

• 1,412 posts

Posted January 09 2008 - 05:16 AM

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of The Bridges of Madison County (Deluxe Edition) on 6th May 2008 priced at $19.97 SRP. Meryl Streep (who earned her 10th Oscar nomination for this performance) and Clint Eastwood (who also produces and directs) star in this adaptation of Robert James Waller's best seller of love, choice and consequence.

Full details are TBC, but you can expect an anamorphic widescreen presentation, a new documentary “An Old-Fashioned Love Story: The Making of The Bridges of Madison County” and the “Doe Eyes” Music Video.

Posted Image
Corey's most wanted R1 dvds:

Little Darlings (1980), My Cousin Rachel (1952), The Deep Blue Sea (1955), The White Cliffs of Dover (1944), Born to Be Bad (1950), Ivy (1947), Reckless (1935), Springtime in the Rockies (1942), The Barretts of Wimpole Street

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Mark B

Mark B

Supporting Actor

• 724 posts
  • LocationSaranac Lake, NY

Posted January 09 2008 - 05:27 AM

Well, that's the best news we've gotten in a long, long time.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Yumbo

Yumbo

Screenwriter

• 2,243 posts

Posted January 09 2008 - 07:01 AM

HD versions?

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   John Hodson

John Hodson

Producer

• 4,495 posts
  • LocationBolton, Lancashire

Posted January 09 2008 - 07:06 AM

At bloody last!
So many films, so little time...
Film Journal Blog
Lt. Col. Thursday: Beaufort; no preliminary nonsense with him, no ceremonial phrasing. Straight from the shoulder as I tell you, do you hear me? They're recalcitrant swine and they must feel it...

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,924 posts

Posted January 09 2008 - 11:29 AM

Heaven knows we've waited long enough! This is a great example of how a film adaptation can even be better than its original source. I could barely get through the novel, but the film is one to be regarded as a future classic.
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   AdrianTurner

AdrianTurner

Second Unit

• 400 posts

Posted January 09 2008 - 06:45 PM

I just love this movie, regard it as Clint's best, and was so touched by it that I even went so far as to drive across Iowa to see the bridges. And that's a long drive from the UK!

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Travis Brashear

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter

• 1,175 posts

Posted January 10 2008 - 08:36 AM

I can't believe I'm finally one of these annoying people, after cursing the lot of them all through 2007, but where's the Blu-ray edition?
Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part...
--Det. William Somerset, SE7EN

http://www.dvdanthol...-movielist.html), http://LDDb.com/coll....user=Filmmaker

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Dennis*G

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor

• 524 posts

Posted January 10 2008 - 12:27 PM

About time! Actually planning a summer trip to see the bridges that are left, Sad to say some are burned down, also sad that I only live about 4 hours away and have not made it there yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users