Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

JBL L series owners

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Gary Shipley

Gary Shipley

Second Unit

• 281 posts

Posted January 08 2008 - 06:59 AM

A friend of mine will be purchasing a set of L-890's for his ht soon and is looking for a receiver that will work well with them. Any suggestions? What do you run with yours? As far as budget goes I'd say probably nothing over $1000.
Gary Shipley

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Chris Huber

Chris Huber

Second Unit

• 416 posts

Posted January 16 2008 - 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Shipley
A friend of mine will be purchasing a set of L-890's for his ht soon and is looking for a receiver that will work well with them. Any suggestions? What do you run with yours? As far as budget goes I'd say probably nothing over $1000.

I have the previous Studio series S-312-II and S-Center-II. They offer the same warm performance as the new Ls... I have mine going to a Pioneer VSX-811S older reciever. I would suggest your friend going with a Pioneer Elite 94. If you look, those can be found for 1000 bux online. The Pioneer will offer more warmth then Onkyo and Denon recievers.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Gary Shipley

Gary Shipley

Second Unit

• 281 posts

Posted January 16 2008 - 05:19 AM

Thanks for the response Chris! I'll pass along the information. I might even consider looking at that particular receiver for my JBL ND310's. I'm using a Kenwood VR4070 right now and really like they work together, but when I get ready to upgrade I may keep the Pioneer in mind. Thanks again.
Gary Shipley