What's new

Torchwood Series 2 (1 Viewer)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I figure since the new season is about to start both here in the US and in the UK I would start a new thread.

To start us off here's an especially good preview of the new season that Freema (Martha Jones) has put up on her site.

It's a good thing that we're only going to be ten days behind the UK this season.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
For a moment there, I thought they were going to use a net! :D

Can't wait for the new season! And with Freema reprising her Martha Jones character in a few episodes, things should get pretty interesting!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'll be right there watching on day one.
I'm just about done with Season 1

very excited with Martha on board

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
I DVR'd Torchwood when it was on HDNet for a marathon on New Years Day. I loved it. Already finished all the episodes. Great acting/drama. I love the fact they dont hit the reset button after every episode.

What channel will it be on when season 2 starts to air? HDNet again? thanks!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

I is going to Air on BBCamerica Starting the 26th. HDnet may pick it up again at some point I'm not sure

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell

BBC America, but I'm sure it will show on HDNet, or one of the other HD channels once it's finished.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
BBC America has been running ads about having an HD Channel in 2008, although I don't think that has launched yet.

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
I emailed HDNet about Season 2. Here's the response I received:

I love the fact that HDNet showed Season 1 uncensored and without commercials. :)

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
Then I will for sure wait a couple weeks and watch it in HD. Thanks for the quick reply

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Holy smokes - be still my heart! It was actually a GOOD episode of Torchwood! The characters were compitant and I didnt find myself hating them. James Marsters was mad wicked funny, and somewhere along the line the Torchwood creative team must remembered the key compoent that makes Doctor Who and Sarah Jane so good (usualy): be entertaining.

It was exciting and fun and didnt get all dark and emo and fill it with unnessassary sex.

(and man, that must have been a PAINFUL death for Jack. Ouch!)

My season 1 set should be here any time. I cant wait to go back and rewatch it to see if time and distance has given me a new feel for the show - or was it just as bad as I remember.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
It's fun that apparently everyone in Cardiff knows what Torchwood is and they all resent it because of the trouble that follows it!

"Bloody Torchwood!"

Guess they won't be needing those amnesia pills anymore -- unless they dump it all in the city's water supply. :)

The power struggle between Gwen and Captain Jack should be interesting. When he disappeared, she went from a newbie to team leader in eighteen months. What will happen to Jack now? Will he be demoted to the resident paranormal consultant?

I'm also waiting for the day the fountain lift will possibly bring down a blue box from the surface. It certainly appears to be the right size for it.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

Naw, they're just carrying on the long standing UNIT tradition of having a top secret military force clearly label their vehicles and put a big stonkin' sign right outside their headquarters.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
To be fair, while they do have a giant sign outside their headquarters, it doesn't say Torchwood. And I don't think the van is labelled. I suspect they've just become really bad at maintaining secrecy.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
So I'm shocked and confused. I'm not sure what this strange new emotion is that I'm feeling. Is that. . . . enjoyment? Pleasure? Two good Torchwood episodes in a row? I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

Lets see, a torchwood crew that I didnt want to punch in the face, one that was actually effective without Jack around, Ianto getting a funny bone transplant inbetween seasons. Am I watching the same show?

(And I liked the Dalek Tommy Gun from 1930's New York in the Hub display case)

Oh - and I liked the baby carriage getting hit by the car. Shocking that the creative team would actually go with that. Very nicely done (and darkly funny).

It's intreresting that over in the Terminator TV show they had to go with an Ah-nold lite Bad Guy Terminator, that they werent confident enough in their product to branch out away from the archtype. I thought that the middle aged very much not-buff Sleeper guy gave off a MUCH better Terminator vibe and was way more menacing than anything we've seen in the Sarah Jane Chronicals thusfar.

Cant wait to see episode three. Can this trend of good episodes continue?

GregoryP

Supporting Actor

I'm glad to hear the second season is starting out well!!! I had many of the same feelings you describe about season 1.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell

The van is definitely labeled. And the police have known about them for a while.

I've enjoyed the hell out of both episodes. It was great to see the return of non-morose Jack and I thought Marsters' character was really good, twisted fun.

I like that all the characters seem more fleshed out. Ianto has a sense of humor?

I've tried to be as non-spoilery as I can.

Don't forget that the new season starts tonight (Sat.) on BBCAmerica.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex

This was the same as that one episode of Doctor Who (series 2? 3?) where we have the group of fans that have been around previously. Yah, it would be fun to have seen them around, but I'm sure that there are other "cases" that we've not seen... preparing us for the future "Torchwood: The Lost Cases" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks