What's new

Will Universal re-release the Bourne films in Blu-ray? (1 Viewer)

LCD22

Screenwriter
If they do come to Blu-ray, I hope they drop that Explosive Extended Edition crap they've been shoving down our throats for years, and include just the original theatrical cut for The Bourne Identity. I do own both the Collector's Edition and The Jason Bourne Collection, but I would like to own all of the films as they appeared in theaters in high definition, too.

I looked on DVD Empire and they did include the audio commentary with director Doug Liman on the HD-DVD. Hopefully, they'll port that over. Maybe they could also add the three bonus features that were exclusive to the Best Buy steelbook for The Bourne Ultimatum: Big City Action, The Evolution of Nicky, and Moby's "Extreme Ways" (Bourne's Ultimatum) music video to the Blu-ray version, and this time include the theatrical trailer, which isn't on the bonus disc for the Jason Bourne Collection as they included the teaser.

John Wielgosz

Stunt Coordinator
The "Explosive Extended Edition" is nothing of the kind. I believe it only had a non-seamless branching option for an alternate ending. Every edition available, including the HD-DVD, is of the theatrical cut.

And all of this is assuming they announce Blu-Ray support...

LCD22

Screenwriter

Yes, I know I'm getting ahead of myself here. I got caught up with the thought of The Bourne Identity/The Bourne Supremacy/The Bourne Ultimatum on Blu-ray. :D

LCD22

Screenwriter

I don't know why I thought it excluded the theatrical cut. Thanks for the clarification, John.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I love the marketing done for these films, so I would hope Universal would include all of the teasers and full theatrical trailers (in 1080p), as well as the TV spots for a future Blu-ray release.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I might be interested in double dipping on the first two Bourne flicks as long as they have a lossless audio track. But since Bourne Ultimatum has a Dolby True HD track I will go ahead and keep that one on HD-DVD.

JackBauer24

Auditioning
Real Name
Jack Salvador

Yeah how does "The Last Starfighter" get a lossless track and not the first two Bournes? I hope every new Uni BD gets a TrueHD or PCM option.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I bought all three used today for $10 each. Din't watch these in theatres since I blind bought the first two when they first hit DVD. So I effectively blind bought the third one, the DVD/HDDVD combo.
I own an XBOX 360 HDDVD add-on while my best friend has a PS3/Blu-ray. I only own one BR though, BLACK HAWK DOWN. BHD is literally a HD version of the first disc of the 3-Disc Deluxe Edition.
I own many other Universal titles which are on DVD that I'm planning on buying them on HDDVD. I just need to make sure the HD versions carried over all the SD content.;)

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Since The Bourne Films have becomes Universal's biggest franchise lately, I'd say they will be on BLU RAY sooner than later. Its too bad they did not launch BLU RAY with Bourne late last year, they would have been huge selling titles.

willh51

Agent
Real Name
Will
Now that my Bourne Ultimatum is up with the rest of my HD DVDs on Ebay, I'd like Uni to get on the ball with this one. I can't imagine it'll be too long though. Other than Atonement, they have gotten to most of their final HD DVD releases.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
"Will Universal re-release the Bourne films in Blu-ray?"

no.

;)

Take that!

These kinds of questions just seem so redundant. Of course they will at some point...what they'll put on it will be the point of conjecture.

LCD22

Screenwriter

To be fair, this was asked when there was still a format war with HD DVD and as it was already indicated, I did jump the gun asking whether Universal would be releasing Bourne (this was before the studio joined the BDA).

The only reason I brought this thread up is because I saw that they are releasing the former HD DVD titles Serenity, Friday Night Lights (theatrical), and King Kong (2005). I should've looked in the "'Catch-Up' titles" thread, but since I didn't own a HD DVD player, I didn't think of it.

Or were being sarcastic?

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Most titles seem to be released as tie-ins to other films by the director or star. In this case, both the director (Paul Greengrass, at least for Supremacy and Ultimatum) and Matt Damon are working on a film called Green Zone to be released at a date TBD in 2009. Not coincidentally, Universal is the distributor, which means you can bet that they'll release the Bourne films to cash in on the release.

LCD22

Screenwriter

I think I had read the studio wanted to get these films out this holiday season, but were unable to.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
At the recent Hollywood HTF meet, the Universal presentation indicated the Bourne films will be coming next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks