-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Why do some discs take forever to load?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Mike Heenan

Mike Heenan

Second Unit

• 405 posts

Posted January 04 2008 - 03:47 AM

Im sure this has been discussed before and I did do a search but couldn't find anything off the bat. I have a Blu Ray player, and noticed that WB discs tend to load quickly and start up with the movie after a warning or two, but Disney discs take like forever in comparison. Is this a "cache" issue, a player issue, or does Disney just like to torture people?

#2 of 5 RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted January 04 2008 - 04:15 AM

They load up a bunch of Java stuff. Some of those Disney titles have games, and menus that take time to load, even if you dont want to play the game, stuff still loads. However with firmware updates i have seen that time quicken up some. Mike, check your firmware and see if its the latest. I have a Sony BD S300, and it just had a new update in the last week.

#3 of 5 BrettB

BrettB

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted January 04 2008 - 04:33 AM

Get a PS3. Posted Image

#4 of 5 Ben Jordan

Ben Jordan

Stunt Coordinator

• 93 posts
  • LocationGSP

Posted January 04 2008 - 08:22 PM

Seriously. I loaded up Ratatouille the other day, and it even gave a huge warning about the disc potentially taking MINUTES to load. Well, I think it took about 3 seconds on my PS3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettB
Get a PS3. Posted Image

#5 of 5 Reagan

Reagan

Supporting Actor

• 544 posts

Posted January 05 2008 - 02:00 AM

The Panny 30 is also a super fast loader. It's also Profile 1.1. The only downside to it is that you need a HDMI 1.3 receiver to listen to the advanced Dolby and DTS audio formats.

-Reagan
The truth doesn't care whether you believe it.