What's new

Why do some discs take forever to load? (1 Viewer)

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
Im sure this has been discussed before and I did do a search but couldn't find anything off the bat. I have a Blu Ray player, and noticed that WB discs tend to load quickly and start up with the movie after a warning or two, but Disney discs take like forever in comparison. Is this a "cache" issue, a player issue, or does Disney just like to torture people?

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
They load up a bunch of Java stuff. Some of those Disney titles have games, and menus that take time to load, even if you dont want to play the game, stuff still loads. However with firmware updates i have seen that time quicken up some. Mike, check your firmware and see if its the latest. I have a Sony BD S300, and it just had a new update in the last week.

Ben Jordan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ben
Seriously. I loaded up Ratatouille the other day, and it even gave a huge warning about the disc potentially taking MINUTES to load. Well, I think it took about 3 seconds on my PS3!

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
The Panny 30 is also a super fast loader. It's also Profile 1.1. The only downside to it is that you need a HDMI 1.3 receiver to listen to the advanced Dolby and DTS audio formats.

-Reagan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks