What's new

Celebrity Apprentice (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Apprentice has obviously been going downhill for years now, and with tonight's premiere of a "celebrity" edition, it's probably gonna go down even further. Still, I'll be watching. Anyone else?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Against my better judgment I'll probably still watch tonight. The show is kind of like a car accident: you know you should look away, but you just can't help yourself. :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'll check it out. My hopes aren't high, but they might've been wise enough to regain some of its former glory.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Dang, I was looking forward to watching "The Office" tonight, even if was a rerun. Just curious,do the networks ever yank these reality series after 3 or 4 episodes due to lack of viewership like they do with other new series?

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Gene Simmons is the only reason I'm watching. And there is nobody on this planet that knows more about marketing than he does. The KISS logo is on anything you can think of.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

It's happened in the past but the only major ones I can recall getting pulled were the second season of The Mole back in 2001 on ABC and Pirate Master this past summer on CBS. I wouldn't bet on it happening here though.

Get The Office DVDs; the extras are great!

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
This is one reality show that I regularly watched, but this celebrity one just doesn't have the feel good excitement. With Mr. Trump and his stature I am disappointed in his/producers selections. Pretty much 'B' list cast.

An 'A' list cast would have been enticing.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Trump tried his hardest to get his promised cast of Oscar winners, sports superstars and nobel prize winners. But those kind of folks don't want to be stuck in a goldfish bowl for a month - even with the promise of "charity." they don't mind doing Celeb Jeopardy cause that's just a few hours and Alex doesn't film them when they head to the restroom.

Idiocracy is on. The film gets better with each viewing.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Good grief, those are some expensive hot dogs and water.

Omarosa is still slinging mud in the boardroom. She's earning her spot on the roster through her sheer condenscending ways. Carol Alt still looks pretty good.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

Nadia should have been booted from the show. She was completely off the radar. Does she even speak English? She was like Chip Cunningham in the third season of Happy Days.

and the mayor talking about which hotdog is better. did the guys boil them in toilet water?

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Didn't think it was too bad. Putting aside the so called 'celeb' status of 90% of them, it will be interesting to see how this group does. I mostly like the guys team. Marilu Henner is probably the only female worth a darn. Gene Simmons is still the man. He is just so damn collected and calm with some top notch intellect hiding behind those sunglasses.

Omarosa is as snobby and obnoxious as ever. The best part of this season is how fast and ready they are to rip on her. So in that reguard I'm glad she didn't go home, at least for another couple episodes. BTW, what was she wearing? It looked like a tree skirt left over from christmas.

I think this was the first time primetime audiences got to see Jenna Jameson eat a hotdog. :D

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that wasn't too bad. Gene Simmons has always seemed a little too sleazy for me (and from the looks of it, he might be next week) but I thought he was pretty cool here. I've always known that he was pretty involved in the business aspects of KISS and whatnot but he's smarter than I gave him credit for.

Before the boardroom I was betting that Carol would be fired since Trump emphasized location so much. Although if there's a bikini-modeling task like last season, I'll never forgive Trump for firing Tiffany. ;)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Anyone that can speak 5 languages fluently, like Gene Simmons, is more often than not pretty damn smart. If you want to watch him marketing Kiss just watch Family Jewels.

This season of The Apprentice could be very interesting.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
B? More like D-List. They were ragging on Omarosa for being an unknown, but half those people I'd never heard of; the other half were marginal celebrities at best.

I've never really watched Apprentice before, but my wife was interested so we watched last night. From last night's episode, it seems that it's going to be merely a contest of who knows the wealthiest donors. Forget the challenges and just phone up their rich friends and have them drop a fat check in the mail. It's going to be a telethon, not a "business" show.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston

I wanted to see how much of that hot dog she could put in her mouth before she had to take a bite. ;) Oh well.

I am also watching for Gene as I think he will win the whole thing.

Pity about Tiffany... as one said on the show, she's not a mean girl, which, unfortunately, gave her the disadvantage.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
I agree that Gene is the most interesting.....but from the previews of next week - it looks like he get's into some trouble with Trumps do nothing daughter. I hope that is not enough to get rid of him....

The girls were just stupid, and should have pointed out that it was Omarosa's idea to not use the celebrity angle and just sell the hot-dogs. MaryLou didn't agree, and ended up bringing in the most money. All she had to do was say that I went against what Omarosa was saying to do, and it worked. Omarosa should have gone home. The girl that did go home was getting ripped for not contacting Playboy for some money - when all she had to do is say that Omarosa told her not too.....

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
You have to get up pretty friggin' early in the morning to outsell Gene Simmons. :)

Remember that we're only seeing a few minutes of boardroom discussion -- I spoke to a guy I know from season 2 and he said that he spent over 45 minutes arguing before Trump canned him. So while they made it look like Trump pretty much fired the girl for not calling Hugh Hefner, there was probably a lot more being discussed.

IMO the men's team has a big celebrity advantage. The only members of the women's team whom I'd recognize on the street are Marilu Henner and *maybe* Omarosa. Even the guys I don't know by sight, like Trace Adkins (although I'd recognize his voice) and that UFC guy, have plenty of fans.

Overall, I liked the show fine. The task was a nice throwback to the first task from the first season (lemonade stands in Manhattan), although it remains to be seen how interesting they get. I also would hate to see it turn into "who gets the mostest/ bestest rich friends to show up with checks."

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
seems they cut the Playmate after Trump got word that Hef wasn't able to appear during the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks