What's new

Get Ghost Squad for Wii (forget Link's Crossbow Training) (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I just found my new favorite game, and its name is Ghost Squad. Anyone with a soft spot for arcade light gun games has to check this one out. It's crazy ass fun, and I've been playing it every day since I rented it. Ghost Squad gives you the option of calibrating your aiming and turning off the aiming reticle for that authentic arcade feel.

Ghost Squad is soooo much more fun that the Link's Crossbow training, and reportedly, the Nyko Perfect Shot gun shell is waaaay better than the Zapper shell (I just ordered two), which means you're better off with Ghost Squad ($30) and the Perfect Shot ($15) than the Zapper bundle. I got the Zapper as a gift, and the only good thing about it was that it led me to renting Ghost Squad.

Don't make the mistake of buying the Zapper bundle if you like light gun games. The game is meh and the shell is inferior. Put that $20-$25 towards the GS and PS combo.

Also, House of the Dead collection is coming out for the Wii later this year. Resident Evil:Umbrella Chronicles is another light gun controlled game. I'm hoping Sega puts out a Virtua Cop collection as well. The $15 investment in the Perfect Shot is defnintely worth it for all those games.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Hanson,

Thanks for the tip. The family and I are still going crazy over the sports games and generally enjoying the hell out of the Wii. Once the dew is off the sports games and SMG lillies, we will be checking this out.

Chris

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
One little word of advice: Ghost Squad is rated T for teen, but if you're squeamish about your family seeing people getting shot (even if they are terrorist bad guys), then it may be a deal breaker. My wife hates the game for that reason, but oddly, can't wait for House of the Dead (so I ordered 2 Nyko Perfect Shots). Shooting zombies is okay in her book (I thought the zombie motif would have turned her off, but hey -- whatever).

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I have already made my peace with allowing the 10 year old boy to "play" such things as Halo (1, 2, 3) as well as nastier things like Gears of War.

He knows the difference between games and real life, though. In fact, since he has played the more realistic War games (Ghost Recon, etc), when asked if he would like to be in the army the answer is invariably "no way".

Killing zombies is my favoritist thing though....

lisa70

Auditioning
Real Name
Lisa
Hey guys .. I've palyed Ghost Recon, Modern Warfare, COD .. etc games. I like to play the game "Ghost Squad". Please give me more details about it. Is it an EA Game ?? I am a EA fan.

I did some searching, is this the game ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Squad_%28arcade_game%29

lisa70

Auditioning
Real Name
Lisa
Hey, I posted one and something happend. So I'll ask again.

I like to play this game. Can anyone give me more details about this games ?
TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks