What's new

Please don't laugh... (1 Viewer)

toolman35

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
I have an old Sony theater in the box, HT-DDW650. (that is why I ask not to laugh :) ) I was going through the menu to check the settings and now I have no sound at all. I reset the receiver according to the manual and reset it again ..still no sound. None of my hookups have changed so it has to be something with the remote or setup. Any help would be appreciated.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Do you have an external source (CD, DVD, STB, etc...) or is the source part of the receiver?

toolman35

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
here is what I have hooked up. I don't remember how I have it put together all I do know is that it worked before I went into setup on the receiver to look at some things because I was having trouble with the surround speakers. I have that part figured out but now I have no sound at all through the receiver. When I select AM/FM tuner then I do have sound but nothing more than static.(no antenna).

Mitsubishi TV-WD-623327
dish network HD receiver -model 811
dish network DVR-Model 625
sony DVD SLV-D300P
sony surround receiver HT-DDW650

I used to keep the sound muted on the tv and used the surround receiver for all sound. If I could get the sound back I would like someone tell me the preferred setup component by component,(sorry I am new to this). I really shuldn't need to change anything but would like to know what the best setup is (if there is more than one).

Thanks for helping..
Tim

Not sure if I answered your question John!

toolman35

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
I just tested my surround all my speakers from my remote by the manual it tested each speaker and I have sound....but not the sound I wanted, only static. Speakers are working but no sound from the tv or the dvd is coming through.

toolman35

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
I found the problem. I had to change my tv sound in setup from variable to fixed.
Thanks for the help..
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks