What's new

Horizontal lines traveling up my screen! (1 Viewer)

Southpaw13

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Cuprinski
Hello everyone! So my projector is showing horizontal lines traving up my screen. Here is what I found so far after searching the web.

"Video Scan Noise: Do you see a horizontal pattern of interference that travels up or down your projected image for some video sources?? Get your AC power cords away from your video cables! And try to avoid coiling them -- that produces a stronger electromagnetic field."

I am using about 50 ft of component gold cable hooked up to a switch box. I tried by-passing the switch box but it did not help. When there are no video sources connected to my projector, the lines dissapear.

Is this a common problem that can be easily fixed?

Thanks for your help,
Southpaw13

midapo

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
I have an Optoma HD front projector. I had white lines running vertically. But they did not "travel". I called Optoma and they replaced the projector, but never told me what was wrong.

Charles Miller

Auditioning
Do you have 2 grounded video sources (i.e. a cable TV cable and a PS3)? If so, you need to remove the ground from one of the sources. The easiest way is to get a 3-prong to 2-prong adapter for the PS3 electric cord.

Southpaw13

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Cuprinski
Wow, I hope it works! I got the following grounded. Wii, cable box, blu-ray DVD, switchbox, and the surge protector. Do you see any other problems with all of these things grounded?

THANKS!!!

Charles Miller

Auditioning
I had this problem (actually pink lines) after buying the PS3 and it took some time searching and asking around before I finally determined that grounding was the likely culprit. I Googled +"grounded" +"ps3" and immediately found a lengthy description of the problem and solution (I'm not sure I'm allowed to post the link). Anyway, I put the adapter on the PS3 power cord and the problem immediately disappeared. I hope this is the same as your issue and this works for you.

Southpaw13

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Cuprinski
So I did a lot of testing and found out that it is cable line! I disconnected it from the wall and it dissappeared. Looks like I need to find some kind of in-line filter. Hopefully this thread will help others also....

Thanks,
Mark

Southpaw13

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Cuprinski
Just another follow-up. After figuring out it was my cable line, I grounded my signal splitters and everything is gone! Sometimes the simpliest stuff works the best!

jblfx

Grip
Real Name
Luis
I was just going to post the same exact question till I saw this. Just today I installed a 50ft VGA to Component cable from my projector to my Sony receiver. Well, I noticed those horizontal ghost lines going up the screen too! This is my set up:

Component cables from HD Cable box to receiver then component/VGA to projector. The only other thing hooked up to the receiver is a Denon Laserdisc player. So that's the cable box, receiver, and laserdisc player next to each other. Is my problem the same? Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks