Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Universal and seaQuest

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,792 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted January 01 2008 - 02:52 AM

Why is it Universal can't seem to figure out the proper order for their episodes on DVD? "The Last Lap at Luxury" was misplaced in the first season and "Blindsided"/"Splashdown" are swapped in the second. Yes, this was the original air order in most markets (thanks to basketball on NBC), but it's not the correct production order OR story order. They made the same mistake with Earth 2. Why is this so hard for them to figure out?

Addendum: only the art for the 7th/8th discs is incorrect. "Blindsided" and "Splashdown" have their descriptions switched on the back cover, yet are correct on the disc--"Blindsided" and then "Splashdown".

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,040 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted January 01 2008 - 07:40 AM

You're not the only one who feels this way about Universal's TV releases. On the first-season Sliders DVD set, they reverted back to the original, botched FOX airing-order (switching "Summer of Love" and "Prince of Wails"), instead of the proper production order for those two episodes.

When Sliders went into rotation on the Sci-Fi Channel a few years before the DVDs were released, the network at least had the good sense to restore them to their proper, creator-endorsed chronological order, but -- of course -- the studio had to go right back to the pooched FOX order for the DVD set.

I'm not surprised to hear that they've done this with other shows, too.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted January 01 2008 - 07:46 AM

You can't have it both ways. Just be thankful that they are releasing them. It's a good thing that winers don't dictate what the studios release.

Personally, I don't care how they are produced on the disks, as lonog as they are. I'm thrilled that seaQuest and Sliders are coming out and I'll pick them up. If you want the correct order, then re-burn them to some blank DVD's and go from there.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,792 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted January 01 2008 - 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge
You can't have it both ways. Just be thankful that they are releasing them. It's a good thing that winers don't dictate what the studios release.

Personally, I don't care how they are produced on the disks, as lonog as they are. I'm thrilled that seaQuest and Sliders are coming out and I'll pick them up. If you want the correct order, then re-burn them to some blank DVD's and go from there.

The addendum to my original post stands. It's only the artwork which is wrong for the last disc. However, to expect a studio to ensure proper airdate or production order for a TV set isn't too much to ask for. By YOUR logic, we should be happy with syndicated cuts of every show out there without the video being cleaned up, minus enhanced 5.1 tracks and with every pop song being replaced. After all, at least the product gets out there.

It's a good thing the "good enough" crowd doesn't dictate how things get released.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator

• 181 posts

Posted February 01 2014 - 06:29 PM

Does anyone know if there is a chance that season 3 of Seaquest will appear one day?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users