Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Allison Acoustics Speakers

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 of 43 OFFLINE   DesignInc

• 4 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 09:40 AM

Personally I feel $375 with refoams done that would be my minimum ... BTW: anyone refinishing cabinets should NOT "varnish" those cabinets. I use boiled linseed oil its easy wipe on, it's appropriate for the time period and they look rich. Mine are walnut.

#42 of 43 OFFLINE   DesignInc

• 4 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 09:42 AM

that reply was for the Allison Four's

#43 of 43 OFFLINE   Redthread

• 2 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 07:41 PM

Thanks. I have not touched them, but they still sound great. Suggestions on the best place to advertise? Have them on Craig's list. There are a pair of the later ones on eBay for $750 which I am watching, but suspect is pretty high. Appreciate the reply.

#44 of 43 OFFLINE   Phil A

Phil A

• 3,091 posts
  • LocationCentral FL

Posted November 22 2012 - 07:02 AM

I really liked Allison Acoustics speakers back in the day. Here are some images - http://www.classicsp...?showtopic=3030 Like any speaker that has not been around for the bit the problem always is can replacement drivers be found if there is a problem. The owner of the store I hung out in many moons ago carried Allison and had the One's in house. The thing that was great about them is they designed models for where they would be placed in the room (and the room is always the most overlooked audio component). The Three's were made for corner placement.

#45 of 43 OFFLINE   Wharfedaleguy

• 1 posts

Posted August 21 2014 - 12:08 PM

I have many pairs of Allison's I'm willing to part with...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users