What's new

Allison Acoustics Speakers (1 Viewer)

Maine_Man

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry Carter
Does anyone have a pair of Allison speakers for sale? Let me know what you have and the price.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed

Maine_Man

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry Carter
I have a in near mint condition and would like a pair of another model. I love my CD-7s. I have never had anything that images as well in a medium sized room.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
If I had the money, I'd be all over those PB 8.2's. They'd be a perfect match with mine. I'd use them as my rear speakers, and then all I'd need would be an Allison center.
I've tried to tell people about Allison speakers. Because they've never heard of them, they just ignore them. Their loss! It's really a shame........ Several people at AudioKarma.org, have Allisons, and have raved about them. Some found their's at Goodwill Outlet stores, or Salvation Army Outlets. Keep an eye on Craig's List too.
Good luck!

vlam

Auditioning
Real Name
Van K. Lam
I have a pair of Allison CD6 if you are interested.

The tweeter are fine but the woofer foam is falling apart. The cabinet is in good condition and still have the grill. Let me know if you are interested.

lagmor

Auditioning
Real Name
Vadim Genin
I have a pair of CD-9 speakers for sale. Fine working condition, one of the grills is damaged. Asking $250.

Maine_Man

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry Carter
lagmor said:
I have a pair of CD-9 speakers for sale. Fine working condition, one of the grills is damaged. Asking $250.
I am interested. Is it a top grille of one of the front grilles that is damaged? How bad is the damage?

lagmor

Auditioning
Real Name
Vadim Genin
Yes, it's the top grill(e) from one of the speakers. It's beat up pretty bad, has a couple of long cracks and is missing a chunk off the edge, about an inch wide. It's been detached from the speaker and I haven't bothered to glue it back on. These plastic grills are pretty brittle, so if you have any kind of damage, it's probably a goner. I think I've seen a link somewhere where you can purchase a replacement. The exposed tweeter and midrange paper cones are a bit knocked in, but I don't detect any difference in sound from the other speaker. As far as function is concerned, no issues that I can tell.

montanaguy

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Maine_Man said:
Does anyone have a pair of Allison speakers for sale? Let me know what you have and the price.
hi,
i have a pair of excellent condition Allison CD-6 speakers/purchased 3-14-88 in Walnut.
I will take digital photos later today, chore to do now.
I am at [email protected].
They have been well taken care of and used little, mainly for radio theatre.
David

k1200rs

Auditioning
Real Name
mike
Maine_Man said:
Yes, I have a like new pair of Allison two's which I am about to put on ebay. I am the original owner and they have been in my living room all their life. All 4 low frequency drivers have been profesionally restored. Speakers look and sound like the day I bought them aprox 30 years ago. I will be looking for $600- Mike -email if interested to [email protected]

tennismonger

Auditioning
Real Name
Serge
Maine_Man said:
Pair of AL-115 in PERFECT CONDITION, never touched, used, or refurbished. These are rare and very hard to come by.
$1000
I also have a pair of AL-120s in PERFECT CONDITION, never touched, used, or refurbished. These are rare and very hard to come by.
$1600
My prized possessions...

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
You don't know how much I would love to have the AL-115s. I have a pair I've had for about 15 yrs. (oak finish), and I love them. The foam is falling apart on them now. Heck, I can't even afford the $20+ refoam kit right now, so I definitely can't buy a pair of speakers. Good luck selling them. Whoever buys them will be getting one heck of a speaker.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

tennismonger

Auditioning
Real Name
Serge
How about a trade? I have the pair of AL-115s in my possession for either some cash or a good trade. Also have the AL-120 speakers (pair). Would be willing to trade if there's something i need or want. Also, I have a couple of actual "bookshelf" speakers. It's model number is REF-303BK made by Stanford Advanced Acoustic Technology (SAAT). I think SAAT was part of Allison or may have been owned or did own Allison before, not sure though. But anyways it's a pair of speakers that looks like actual books. Amazon used to sell them for $150 + shipping. Pretty good speakers if you ask me...

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
celica said:
have same question here..
Have the same answer here..

Allison Ones show up on eBay every once in awhile.
Y'all can go to audiokarma.org and ask there too. Several people there have Allison Ones, and other models.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
This thread has a lot of action for speakers that supposedly no one has heard of
. I'm vaguely familiar with them but maybe I should investigate a little more. I'm mostly happy with what I have but there's no harm in learning something new!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks