Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

I fixed my mitsubishi TV - dm board repair

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor

• 524 posts

Posted December 31 2007 - 09:41 AM

The Mitsubishi DM board repair - FixYa

My 55 inch Mitsubishi CRT RPTV gave me the blinking light of death. The TV is 3.5 years old. So, I did a bit of googleing and came across the above link. $6 is much better that $1000 so I gave it a shot. What do ya know? It worked. A friend of mine is an electronics tech, so he soldered it for me. The hardest part of the job was finding the 4 capacitors and convincing my friend that he wasn't wasting his time. When I called him and told him that it worked, he was surprised.

The following is added to help with searches:
Mitsubishi blinking green light
Does not turn on

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Producer

• 6,333 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted January 01 2008 - 02:49 AM

very cool!!

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor

• 697 posts

Posted January 02 2008 - 09:33 AM

Bookmarked for future reference.

I have the 65 inch model and had the same issue about a year after purchase. However I had purchased the 5 year warranty and had the authorized repair guy do the board swap out. Not a problem since.
HD DVD? Check! Blu Ray? Check! High Definition Satelite? Check! HD Gaming systems? Check! 100% High Definition across the board!
http://mrbiggles.blogspot.com

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   gpderner

gpderner

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted August 19 2010 - 01:21 PM

Regarding flashing green power light of death; I have replaced the capacitors on the DM, FMT and Power board, no success. I am ready to give up, but then I see the projection unit is driven from a DVI cable. Could it be possible to skip the while computerized part of the TV, hot wire the projector, and simply plug in a DVI source?

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Steve Berger

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor

• 960 posts

Posted August 19 2010 - 02:20 PM

Probably not. The wiring diagram shows that not all of the pins are used. TMDS_Data1 and 2 are present but TMDS_Data0, 3, 4, and 5 are not used. Also there are several power supplies needed and data communication (serial clock and serial data) to the signal board. The lamp is also controlled by the signal board.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   gpderner

gpderner

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted August 21 2010 - 01:27 AM

Thanks. Good information, though not good news. Where did you find a wiring diagram? I have the service manual, but that is pretty thin information.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Steve Berger

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor

• 960 posts

Posted August 21 2010 - 08:02 AM

The manual doesn't have schematics for many of the boards but the "PCB interconnect" diagram was what I was refferring to and it has the pins labeled. I had the V26 chassis manual, which uses a DVI cable as one of it's connections to the light engine. Since I didn't know what model that you had, I just assumed it was similar.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   BendurTailpipe

BendurTailpipe

Agent

• 25 posts

Posted August 24 2010 - 09:01 AM

I fixed a samsung 204b computer monitor by replacing faulty capacitors.  $8 and a couple hours of my time (i stink at soldering)
The ones I replaced were bulged and leaking.   Did the ones on your tv look obviously bad?   I have a toshiba rf350u that is dying and im hoping it would be as simple of a fix as this.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   hamms3

hamms3

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted March 26 2011 - 10:21 AM

What did he replace?