What's new

I fixed my mitsubishi TV - dm board repair (1 Viewer)

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
The Mitsubishi DM board repair - FixYa

My 55 inch Mitsubishi CRT RPTV gave me the blinking light of death. The TV is 3.5 years old. So, I did a bit of googleing and came across the above link. $6 is much better that $1000 so I gave it a shot. What do ya know? It worked. A friend of mine is an electronics tech, so he soldered it for me. The hardest part of the job was finding the 4 capacitors and convincing my friend that he wasn't wasting his time. When I called him and told him that it worked, he was surprised.

The following is added to help with searches:
Mitsubishi blinking green light
Does not turn on

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Bookmarked for future reference.

I have the 65 inch model and had the same issue about a year after purchase. However I had purchased the 5 year warranty and had the authorized repair guy do the board swap out. Not a problem since.

gpderner

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg Derner
Regarding flashing green power light of death; I have replaced the capacitors on the DM, FMT and Power board, no success. I am ready to give up, but then I see the projection unit is driven from a DVI cable. Could it be possible to skip the while computerized part of the TV, hot wire the projector, and simply plug in a DVI source?

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
Probably not. The wiring diagram shows that not all of the pins are used. TMDS_Data1 and 2 are present but TMDS_Data0, 3, 4, and 5 are not used. Also there are several power supplies needed and data communication (serial clock and serial data) to the signal board. The lamp is also controlled by the signal board.

gpderner

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg Derner
Thanks. Good information, though not good news. Where did you find a wiring diagram? I have the service manual, but that is pretty thin information.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
The manual doesn't have schematics for many of the boards but the "PCB interconnect" diagram was what I was refferring to and it has the pins labeled. I had the V26 chassis manual, which uses a DVI cable as one of it's connections to the light engine. Since I didn't know what model that you had, I just assumed it was similar.

Real Name
Pino
I fixed a samsung 204b computer monitor by replacing faulty capacitors. $8 and a couple hours of my time (i stink at soldering)
The ones I replaced were bulged and leaking. Did the ones on your tv look obviously bad? I have a toshiba rf350u that is dying and im hoping it would be as simple of a fix as this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks